Windows 10 bluetooth "driver error"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I can not connect my bluetooth device with Windows 10, the system tries to connect but fails with the statement "driver error".

My project is based on a BCM20737S and it works with android and iOS systems, I'm working with the WICED 2.2.1 SDK.

In the device manager there is this failure code:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

How can I solve this problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello G. Siano,

The next release of our SDK 2.2.2 will enable Windows 10 Support.

The SDK 2.2.2 is scheduled for early to mid next week.

Thanks

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

mwf_mmfae

Hello, With regards to windows 10 compatibility.

I have the newest SDK available (2.2.2). I have a laptop with windows 10 and BLE compatibly.

For some reason when I run hello sensor on the bcm20737S my laptop cannot see the module.

When I run it on windows 8 it will work.

Can you help me with this?

Is there a newer sdk available. Is there a specific example I should use or something I am missing?

Thanks,

Luke.  

0 Likes

SDK 2.2.2 is the most current version.  I'm honestly not sure why the module would suddenly no longer be visible under Windows 10 as most of the issues we have run across with Windows 8-10 were installation related.  I'm fairly certain that the same Bluetooth stack is run my MSFT on both OS versions.  It may be the culprit. 

The company uses Windows 7, so finding Windows 10 machines can sometimes be a challenge, but I will ask lucyli​ to see if she can confirm.

0 Likes