CX3 RAW8 dataformat Capture

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
haxu_299926
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello,

Can you provide me a example of CX3 which is using 0V5640 sensor,I modify by myself ,but I found the data count is error , not the width*height.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Please check that the sensor output matches the CX3 configuration utility settings.

From the usb traces it seems that the frame size is varying every time. There is a possibility that data from the sensor is not proper

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please share the CX3 Configuration utility snippet for your configuration.

Can you restate this statement data count is error not the width*height

You can refer to CX3 example (with Ov5640) in the SDK and similarly change the CX3 configuration utility parameters for your application

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello,

Let me explain our problem:

For example,we set width*height as 1280*720. If pixelformat is raw8, the date count we transfer should be  921600. However, when we use bushound to catch the date, we get the date count like 726356 or 726192.

We set mipi csi configuration as this in our program:

CyU3PMipicsiCfg_t FD5640_RAW10_720p =

{

CY_U3P_CSI_DF_RAW8,  /* CyU3PMipicsiDataFormat_t dataFormat */

2,                          /* uint8_t numDataLanes */

1, /* uint8_t pllPrd */

62, /* uint16_t pllFbd */

CY_U3P_CSI_PLL_FRS_500_1000M, /* CyU3PMipicsiPllClkFrs_t pllFrs */

CY_U3P_CSI_PLL_CLK_DIV_8, /* CyU3PMipicsiPllClkDiv_t csiRxClkDiv */

CY_U3P_CSI_PLL_CLK_DIV_8, /* CyU3PMipicsiPllClkDiv_t parClkDiv */

0,                /* uint16_t mClkC

CY_U3P_CSI_PLL_CLK_DIV_2, /* CyU3PMipicsiPllClkDiv_t mClkRefDiv */

1280,        /* uint16_t hResolution */

320                        /* uint16_t fifoDelay */

}

And we use aip CyU3PMipicsiGpifLoad() set 8-Bit data bus, and set bufferSize to 32768.

We don't know why it happens , how can we solve this promblem?

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you probe the HSYNC , VYSNC and PCLK and check whether the video frames are received as per the configuration. Please share the traces here.

Which CX3 firmware are you using? Is it the default one or your custom firmware?

Can you enable the CX3 debug prints and share the debug logs for PROD and CONS events

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. But sorry, we have some problems in measuring Hsync, vysnc and PCLK signals, so we are unable to provide signals screenshot this time. We use custom firmware, please see attachment.

0 Likes

Hello,

To debug the issue, we would need to check whether the data coming from sensor is proper or not. If there is some problem from the sensor side i.e. sensor configurations don't match the CX3 configuration utility settings there can be a problem.

Can you share the debug logs (debug prints). It seems there is some problem with the .rar file that you shared in previous response. I am not able to extract it. Can you re share it.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hello,

Please check that the sensor output matches the CX3 configuration utility settings.

From the usb traces it seems that the frame size is varying every time. There is a possibility that data from the sensor is not proper

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes