Anyone experience Windows 10 Driver issue with CYUSB3302 hub IC?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaPr_1644351
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently using the CYUSB3302 in one of our products and have never experienced any issues with Windows 10.  A customer of ours can't get the USB 3.0 superspeed functionality to work with Windows 10.  He has no problem if he uses a Windows 7 machine.    If he checks the device driver screen no superspeed hub appears when he plugs in the device under Windows 10.  Anyone have any ideas?  Is there a driver I can point him to?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Jim,

With internal ROM mode, both the superspeed and high speed hub should be enabled by default. Is the superspeed hub coming up at all on the device manager? If it does come up, but not as a "Generic Superspeed Hub" it could be a driver binding issue. Please ask the customer to check for any new device connection after plugging the hub in.

The hub driver is a generic Windows driver (usbhub3.sys) and is not provided by Cypress.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

-Could you please explain if the hub enumerates as Superspeed hub on device manager? Or does it appear but doesnt bind to a driver?

-What is the boot mode being used for the hub?

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Sananya,

SEL1 and SEL0 are pulled high, so internal ROM is the boot mode.

I am having difficulty getting answers from the customer but I believe that things are working OK for him as a USB 2 hub, just not as a superspeed hub. I believe that he is not seeing "generic superspeed hub" in his device manager tree but he is seeing "Generic USB hub" pop up when he plugs in.

Customer is asking if we should be providing a Windows driver, but I have never seen a problem using the hub ic in our product with any form of Windows, including Windows 10.

Jim

0 Likes

Hi Jim,

With internal ROM mode, both the superspeed and high speed hub should be enabled by default. Is the superspeed hub coming up at all on the device manager? If it does come up, but not as a "Generic Superspeed Hub" it could be a driver binding issue. Please ask the customer to check for any new device connection after plugging the hub in.

The hub driver is a generic Windows driver (usbhub3.sys) and is not provided by Cypress.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
lock attach

Thanks for the answers. I will try to get the customer to take some before and after screen shots of his device manager tree. We'll see.....

0 Likes
lock attach

Customer seems to be happy now. Thanks for your help!

From the customer:

by installing an previous generic unsigned usbhub3.sys (start F7) W10 seems to recognize the peripherals,

Thank you, it looks like the usb3hub bug reported in the 1809 release: reusing after that the Microsoft generic drivers included

In W10 works fine.

0 Likes