USB2 CY7C65631 functening as a USB2 HUB expander nothings work , attached schematics

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nimu_4164261
Level 1
Level 1

hi.

I have a design in which the CYUSB3314 is the main USB3 HUB upstream to the host, being identified well by the host, and two of its ports currently working as a USB3 Down streams.

I have one downstream - DS4 which is connected to the CY7C65631 functioning as a USB2 hub port expander , I have tried to connect to this part USB2 devices like mouse/keyboard, anything , but nothing works. I have checked schematics all aligned according to CYPRESS datasheets plus web schematics... checked powers as well all is O.K., it seems that the something is not working between the USB3 CYUSB3314 and the USB2 HUB XYUSB65631. I have attached my schematics for review .

i will appreciate if someone will take the lead on that, and guide me what is wrong and need to be updated.

thx.

nitsan.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Nitsan,

-Please let us know if you are able to see any other USB 2.0 device directly connected on DS4?

-Please pull up DS4_OVRCURR pin since it is an input pin and not connected to a power switch.

-Is the VBUSPWR for HX2LP connected to host provided VBUS?

-For HX3, can you please refer to table 4 in the App Note for recommended decoupling and bulk capacitors?

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Nitsan,

-Please let us know if you are able to see any other USB 2.0 device directly connected on DS4?

-Please pull up DS4_OVRCURR pin since it is an input pin and not connected to a power switch.

-Is the VBUSPWR for HX2LP connected to host provided VBUS?

-For HX3, can you please refer to table 4 in the App Note for recommended decoupling and bulk capacitors?

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes