iperf not working on WICED-SDK2.3.1 for STM32F1xx

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just doing "iperf --help"  makes the iperf app throw a hardware exception. I have modified the iperf.mk to  have less buffers. the particular STM processor I use has 756K Flash and 96K Ram.  iperf that is on WICED-SDK-2.2.1 works on the same hardware. Is there anything changed from SDK2.2.1 to SDK2.3.1 related to the iperf app? Does anyone have the similar issue???

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I discovered that the STM32F1xx platform does not compile CPP files correctly which was causing the fault you are seeing.

Attached is a new copy of the STM32F1xx.mk file that can be found at:

WICED-SDK\Wiced\Platform\common\ARM_Cortex_M3\STM32F1xx

Please replace your copy with the one attached, run "make clean" and then rebuild the iperf application.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the hardware exception it is throwing?

When you debug through Eclipse you should be able to return to the offending instruction by doing a "step into" a few times until the context returns to the running thread.

The iperf app didn't change too much between 2.2.1 and 2.3.1 however other changes may have reduced the amount of memory available on the heap.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like it is causedby  the SIGINT interrupt not being handled. The exception was triggered in IPERF_MAIN().  Do you know why the SIGINT interrupt is raised and where and what the supposed interrupt handler is?

0 Likes

iperf is working in 2.4.0 and above. Let us know if you have issues.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I discovered that the STM32F1xx platform does not compile CPP files correctly which was causing the fault you are seeing.

Attached is a new copy of the STM32F1xx.mk file that can be found at:

WICED-SDK\Wiced\Platform\common\ARM_Cortex_M3\STM32F1xx

Please replace your copy with the one attached, run "make clean" and then rebuild the iperf application.