CAN software filter

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrWa_2302706
Level 4
Level 4
50 questions asked 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi

There is a problem if CAN host sends large amount of data, CY8C4147 cannot receive data.

Does cypress have CAN software filter ? Thanks.

BR

Grace

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi GrWa_2302706​,

The hardware supports only up to 16 mail boxes. But you can use the acceptance filters to receive a range of message IDs in a single mailbox. Please refer to the CAN troubleshooting guide for information on how to set AMR and ACR registers to achieve this.For more information, see section 16.5.2 Acceptance Filter PSoC 4100S and PSoC 4100S Plus: PSoC 4 Architecture TRM, Document No. 002-10621 Rev. *I

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

5 Replies
GrWa_2302706
Level 4
Level 4
50 questions asked 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Just clarify my question. Is there way to receive specific ID data from CAN host ? As the problem happens when there are several nodes in CAN system while no problem when only one node (CY8C4147).

BR

Grace

0 Likes

Hi GrWa_2302706​,

In the CAN configurator, you can make use of Full Receive mailbox to receive only messages with a specific ID. For example,

pastedImage_0.png

The mailbox one is configured as Full will receive only message with ID 0x01.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Hi Bragadeesh

I see that total number of mailbox is 16. What should I do if I need more than 16 ? Thanks,

BR

Grace

0 Likes

Hi GrWa_2302706​,

The hardware supports only up to 16 mail boxes. But you can use the acceptance filters to receive a range of message IDs in a single mailbox. Please refer to the CAN troubleshooting guide for information on how to set AMR and ACR registers to achieve this.For more information, see section 16.5.2 Acceptance Filter PSoC 4100S and PSoC 4100S Plus: PSoC 4 Architecture TRM, Document No. 002-10621 Rev. *I

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh

Hi Bragadeesh

It's solved. Thanks.

BR

Grace

0 Likes