Em_EEPROM storage at fixed address in a Psoc4 bootloadable project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GiBA_1125241
Level 1
Level 1

As described in Em_EEPROM 2.0 datasheet, I have an Em_EEPROM whose storage is at a fixed address,

and it is working very well.

When i add a bootloadable component in the project, all is working if Em_EEPROM storage

address is not fixed, but I can not define a fixed address as specified in the datasheet ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

The current Em_EEPROM component does not support sharing data between bootloader and bootloadable projects. You can perform flash read and writes between bootloader and bootloadable projects as shown in code example:Flash Example. It is available in PSoC Creator, File > Code Example > Flash Example.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

Em_EEPROM data storage placing is different in both normal and bootloadable project. Please make sure that you are following steps in section: 'Adding EEPROM Storage to Checksum Exclude Section (PSoC 4/PSoC 5LP)' of Emulated EEPROM component datasheet. Also, please upgrade to latest Em_EEPROM component version v2.20. Go to PSoC Creator, Project > Update Components.

0 Likes

Yes, I saw that the address taken by the linker is 0X1FD00 in the bootloadable project.

In addition the content of Em_EEPROM is not changed when reloading a new program by the bootloader, which corresponds to my need.

I still have a problem to solve which is to trace the information from the source of the reset (Watchdog for example) to the application with

the bootloadable component.

Is it possible for this to have Em_EEPROM at the same address
in the bootloader and in the bootloadable application, or is there another method?

0 Likes

The current Em_EEPROM component does not support sharing data between bootloader and bootloadable projects. You can perform flash read and writes between bootloader and bootloadable projects as shown in code example:Flash Example. It is available in PSoC Creator, File > Code Example > Flash Example.

0 Likes

Ok, thanks.

0 Likes