Data Transfer from U-Port to P-port

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GiSa_4520796
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

Hi,

I want to transfer some bytes of data  from U-Port to P-port of FX3.

My Appication is  U-Port -------> P-Port -------> FPGA.

Q1: How to give the input data to U-Port ?

Q2: After transferring from U-Port to P-port how can i read data on ILA Probes?

Regards,

Srujana.

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

There is an Application note that describes slave FIFO interface using FX3. The Link to the Application Note is given below:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an65974-designing-ez-usb-fx3-slave-fifo-inte...

Please go through this Application Note to understand in detail about the data transfer from U to P Port and vice versa.

When FX3 is loaded with the firmware provided along with this application note, it enumerates as a  StreamerExample Device with one IN endpoint and one OUT endpoint as shown below.

pastedImage_1.png

The data transfer can be done by filling the data to send field shown above using OUT endpoint.

Please Refer to Table 1 of the Application Note. There will be signals named FLAGA/FLAGB/FLAGC/FLAGDD. These are used for reading from P Port by the master device/FPGA.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

There is an Application note that describes slave FIFO interface using FX3. The Link to the Application Note is given below:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an65974-designing-ez-usb-fx3-slave-fifo-inte...

Please go through this Application Note to understand in detail about the data transfer from U to P Port and vice versa.

When FX3 is loaded with the firmware provided along with this application note, it enumerates as a  StreamerExample Device with one IN endpoint and one OUT endpoint as shown below.

pastedImage_1.png

The data transfer can be done by filling the data to send field shown above using OUT endpoint.

Please Refer to Table 1 of the Application Note. There will be signals named FLAGA/FLAGB/FLAGC/FLAGDD. These are used for reading from P Port by the master device/FPGA.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Jayakrishna,

I checked with the above mentioned Application Note.

In Control Center, I gave some data(16 bytes) using OUT endpoint and then i checked in ILA Probes but i am getting only FF00 even without giving any data in control center. What might be the reason for this?

Shall i need to modify the firmware i.e...U to P channel?

Regards,

Srujana.

0 Likes

Hello,

Please let me know the following

1.Are you using the Example project provided along with the Application Note or not.

2.Are the timing diagrams described in the Application Note met in the design?

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hi Jayakrishna,

1.Are you using the Example project provided along with the Application Note or not.

Yes,I am using the example project provided with the above Application Note but i am using it for StreamOut i.e.. FX3 to Zynq.

2.Are the timing diagrams described in the Application Note met in the design?

No.

Regards,

Srujana.

0 Likes

Hello,

Please Post a snapshot of data received with the interface signals SLRD#, SLOE# and SLCS# which are used by the FPGA for reading from the FX3 FIFOs captured by ILA.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hi,

Please find the below attached image.

screenshot2.png

Regards,

Srujana.

0 Likes

Hello,

We are not sure of how ILA reads data from FX3. But as far as P Port is concerned, if the External Master follows the timing sequence as shown in Section 5.1 of the Application Note AN65974, then the data will be read from the P Port.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes