ProC and PsoC connecting

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiCi_4483361
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

Psoc

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

1. PSoC 4 BLE/PRoC BLE devices supports only one connection at a time. So, when these devices are connected then it is not possible to connect to any other central devices(like BLE Android App, etc).
2. At the central device, you can read the RSSI value of a peripheral device when scanning for devices. Please refer to the Day010_Observer project in the GitHub for more information.
3. Once the two BLE devices are connected the RSSI value of the devices can be read by using the CyBle_GetRssi() function. This function reads the recorded Received Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI) value for the last successfully received packet from the BLE radio sub-system. CyBle_GetRssi() function will returns the most accurate value if you read it after just receiving a valid BLE packet (Not empty packet).

4. Could you please let me know which PRoC Device you are having ? Please send me the screenshot of this device.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MiCi_4483361
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

Have to monitor the distance but it doesn't matter that much , could be via the PsoC creator.

And a blinking LED when the ProC gets further would be an option aswell.

0 Likes

Hello,

1. PSoC 4 BLE/PRoC BLE devices supports only one connection at a time. So, when these devices are connected then it is not possible to connect to any other central devices(like BLE Android App, etc).
2. At the central device, you can read the RSSI value of a peripheral device when scanning for devices. Please refer to the Day010_Observer project in the GitHub for more information.
3. Once the two BLE devices are connected the RSSI value of the devices can be read by using the CyBle_GetRssi() function. This function reads the recorded Received Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI) value for the last successfully received packet from the BLE radio sub-system. CyBle_GetRssi() function will returns the most accurate value if you read it after just receiving a valid BLE packet (Not empty packet).

4. Could you please let me know which PRoC Device you are having ? Please send me the screenshot of this device.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

Hello,

Your respond means so much!

I have the CY8CKIT-042-BLE Pioneer kit

The Red BLE that connects to the baseboard is = CY8C4247LQI-BL489 , MODEL =CY8CKIT-142

The Black BLE that connects to the baseboard (PRoC) = CYBL10563-56LQXI , MODEL = CY5671

So my professor expects me to complete these 4 tasks below , I alreayd performed the BLE find me program, to find my way into PsoC BLE and the logic, it worked. But the tasks I need to do are very different from the find me...

The Android App is kinda difficult to perform , so I want to monitor the motion from PsoC creator and the RSSI , etc,..

•Monitors noise and motion

•Monitors bluetooth RSSI

•Configure thresholds

•Android app for BLE

Thank you in advance for responding and helping me find my way.

Sincerly

Mika

0 Likes

Hello,

I'm not sure if you are familliar with the concept of an "Tile mate tracker" , this is the end result I have to become.

Thank you for helping me out.

0 Likes

Please refer to this thread link Cy8CKIT-042-BLE (Tile mate) Tracker for further details.

0 Likes