How to receive data (Image) coming from DDR3 to FX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GiSa_4520796
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

Hi,

I am Trying to receive image data coming from DDR3 to P-Port  of FX3. From FX3 P-Port,i have to transfer it to S0 Port of FX3 and then to SD Card.

Which firmware is best suited for this application with better throughput?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Srujana.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Srujana,

Please refer to the attached firmware. The default GpifToUsb firmware from the SDK is modified for functionality GPIF >SD card

The firmware supports GPIF to SD interface (without using MailBox registers unlike the example project in SDK), and can switch its role to SD to USB after receiving a vendor command.

There are different vendor commands used in the firmware you can choose the functionality as you need.( Refer to the comments in the file)

Please let me know if it helps

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
16 Replies
lock attach
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Srujana,

Please refer to the attached firmware. The default GpifToUsb firmware from the SDK is modified for functionality GPIF >SD card

The firmware supports GPIF to SD interface (without using MailBox registers unlike the example project in SDK), and can switch its role to SD to USB after receiving a vendor command.

There are different vendor commands used in the firmware you can choose the functionality as you need.( Refer to the comments in the file)

Please let me know if it helps

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
lock attach

Hi Rashi,

When i am debugging the above firmware i am getting the following error as attached.

0 Likes

Hello Srujana,

As mentione din the EzUsbSuite_UG in SDK

pastedImage_1.png

Can you replace "{cross_prefix}" with "arm-none-eabi-" in the Debugger tab. debug_1.PNG

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hi Rashi,

I am debugging same as mentioned in User Guide provided in the path   "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware\EzUsbSuite_UG.pdf" . But i am getting the same error.

And also i have a question that can i increase number of end points to 3 in the above firmware.

Regards,

Srujana.

0 Likes

Hello srujana,

Please check the path given for the executable in the debugger tab is correct or not.

gdb.PNG

Try putting the correct path. still it doesn't work share the snippet of the debug configuration

Please let me know the reason of adding the endpoint. Simply adding an endpoint won't e helpful. You need to create a channel to map a socket to this endpoint.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
lock attach

Hello Rashi,

Please check the below attached snapshot of Debug Configuration.

Regards,

Srujana.

0 Likes

Hello Srujana,

You have not made the changes as per my previous response.

You have not replaced "{cross_prefix}" with "arm-none-eabi-" in the Debugger tab.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
lock attach

Hi Rashi,

I also tried by replacing "{cross_prefix}" with "arm-none-eabi-" in the Debugger tab but it is throwing the same error.When i am trying with other firmwares,Debug Configuration is working fine.When i am debugging this firmware,it is giving error.What might be the reason?

Regards,

Srujana.

0 Likes

Hello Srujana,

I have tried to reproduce the problem and got the same error when had $arm-none-eabi-gdb${cross_suffix} instead of arm-none-eabi-gdb${cross_suffix)

I have checked this at my end and I am able to debug successfully

Please check that all the fields are same in your debug configuration and let me know the results

gdb1.PNG

gdb2.PNG

- Click on Apply and then Debug.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

Hello Rashi,

Now the Debug Configuration is working fine.

Thank you.

Regards,

Srujana.

0 Likes

Hi Rashi,

After transfering data from P-Port to S0 Port of FX3 ,how to write that image data into SD Card and how can i make sure that it reached S0 port?

Can you please clarify my doubt.

Regards,

Srujana.

0 Likes

Hello Srujana,

You can track for the CONS_EVENT  in the DMA call back by registering  in the DMA configuration.  The CONS event would be generated when the buffer is consumed by the SIB scocket

Cons_Event_sib.PNG

You can increment a variable in DMA call back to track this event

Also you can check CY_U3P_SIB_EVENT_XFER_CPLT in the CyFxMscApplnSibCB function and check.

Note: The firmware i shared in the previous response doesn't follow any file system. To read the data from the SD card on mobile/tablet you should have a custom application which reads data as it is written. If you want file system in this example you need to merge the  fatfs example in the SDK.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hi Rashi,

Thanks a lot for solving this issue.

Regards,

Srujana.

0 Likes

Hi Rashi,

I want to see the incoming data in buffer (buffer_p.buffer).

For that what changes i have to make in firmware so that i can see the data in buffer.Please check this in your side and help me to sort out this.

My application is to collect data from P-Port and transfer it to S0 Port of FX3 and then to SD Card.After removing the SD Card from firmware and if i insert it in any mobile/tablet i should be able to see that image.

Regards,

Srujana

0 Likes

Hello Srujana,

Let me know why do you want to see the data of the buffer

When do you want to read the data of the buffer?

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hi Rashi,

I want to read the data of buffer before removing SD Card from hardware just after debugging process.

Regards,

Srujana.

0 Likes