the steps of firmware download for wiced studio

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mawu_4270096
Level 5
Level 5
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi all:

as we know, the wiced studio can download the firmware for CYW20735 by the uart., however  this way to download  firmware is not applicable to the Factory firmware burning. so we should develop a Host computer for firmware burning. firstly ,I need

to know how the wiced studio download the firmware, the console output messages is below when I use wiced studio to download firmware:

Detecting device...
Device found

Downloading application...
Download complete

Application running

where I can get the code of firmware downloading!

thanks!

Mandy

0 Likes
1 Solution
mawu_4270096
Level 5
Level 5

Hi  AnjanaM_61:

I have found out the question. the baudrate is incorrent,when I set the baudrate to 3M,it is ok

thank!

mandy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Please add VERBOSE=1 in your make target and you will see more information about the download.

You can also refer to the following KBA for how to download FW with command line. Programming an EZ-BT WICED Module – KBA223428

0 Likes
mawu_4270096
Level 5
Level 5

Hi OwenZ_26:

I use the chipload to download the CYW20735  firmware,

ChipLoad.exe -BLUETOOLMODE -PORT COM10 -NOVERIFY -MINIDRIVER minidriver-20735B1-uart.hex -BTP 20735_SFLASH.btp -CONFIG mesh_light_ctl_server-CYW920735Q60EVB_01-rom-ram-Wiced-release.hex

but there is a error:

Downloaded 0 code bytes ( 0.0%) and 0 data bytes ( 0.0%). Verified 0 code bytes ( 0.0%) and 0 data bytes ( 0.0%).   Current state: Initialized

Downloaded 0 code bytes ( 0.0%) and 0 data bytes ( 0.0%). Verified 0 code bytes ( 0.0%) and 0 data bytes ( 0.0%).   Current state: Terminated with error

Failed to execute HCI Reset

when I use the wiced studio to download firmware, it is ok.

0 Likes

Hi Mandy,

Please note you need to give complete path for minidriver and hex files .

Please have a look here: Programming using ChipLoad.exe

Also please refer to WICED_HCI_Control pdf for the steps for HCI UART programming.

Regards,
Anjana

mawu_4270096
Level 5
Level 5

Hi  AnjanaM_61:

I have found out the question. the baudrate is incorrent,when I set the baudrate to 3M,it is ok

thank!

mandy

0 Likes