FX3 Won't Appear in Control Center

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DoFl_4277251
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I currently have a prototype board designed by our team. Its function is a simple camera but we're only using USB 2.0.

This was loaded with firmware last Oct 25. I used my laptop Win10 64Bit (1.3.4 FX3 SDK) to load the firmware.

This week, we're trying to load another firmware using the Control Center, however our board is no longer detected.

pastedImage_1.png

but it is detected in Device Manager:

pastedImage_2.png

How can we load through the Control Center?

I hope anyone can help us.

-Donna

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

>> I loaded a UVC application firmware. Does this mean that I will no longer be able to load FW through control Center?

If you load UVC firmware to FX3, you no longer to see the device in Control Center.

Note that you can load a firmware to FX3 using control center, when the FX3 is set to USB Bootloader Mode (PMODE = Z11).

Here, you have already loaded a UVC firmware to FX3 and device enumerates as UVC device as expected.

If you want to load another firmware to FX3, you need to reset the board. Hence, the device will come up as USB Bootloader in Control Center. Then you can program a new firmware to it.

Please confirm whether you have loader the UVC firmware to System RAM or EEPROM or any other

What are your PMODE settings?

Regards,

Sridhar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
DoFl_4277251
Level 1
Level 1

By the way, I've overwritten the "CyBootProgrammer.img" file in  C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\bin so that it will recognize it as USB 2.0. I did this when I loaded the firmware last October and I repeated the same process this week thinking it will resolve my problem.

0 Likes

Donna,

Hope you have set the PMODE to Z11 (USB Bootloader mode) and loading the firmware to RAM.

If it is, please load any example firmware to RAM and see the enumeration in device manager and control center.

You may USB Bulk Source Sink firmware : C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\basic_examples\cyfxbulksrcsink

If you load any firmware (with USB Vendor class) that binds to Vendor Class Driver (CyUSB3. Sys), it will appear in Control Center.

The standard class (non- vendor class) devices do not appear in the Control Center and only Cypress Vendor class devices will appear in Control Center.

In the image that you attached, I can see that the FX3 device enuemerated under Camera devices.

Have you loaded UVC application firmware?

If you have loaded UVC application firmware, the device will bind to UVC device driver and appears under Camera devices in Device Manager.

Please confirm the firmware you have loaded to FX3. Is it vendor class or UVC class device firmware?

Regards,

Sridhar

0 Likes

Hi,

I loaded a UVC application firmware. Does this mean that I will no longer be able to load FW through control Center? The driver used by FX3 device is

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Hello,

>> I loaded a UVC application firmware. Does this mean that I will no longer be able to load FW through control Center?

If you load UVC firmware to FX3, you no longer to see the device in Control Center.

Note that you can load a firmware to FX3 using control center, when the FX3 is set to USB Bootloader Mode (PMODE = Z11).

Here, you have already loaded a UVC firmware to FX3 and device enumerates as UVC device as expected.

If you want to load another firmware to FX3, you need to reset the board. Hence, the device will come up as USB Bootloader in Control Center. Then you can program a new firmware to it.

Please confirm whether you have loader the UVC firmware to System RAM or EEPROM or any other

What are your PMODE settings?

Regards,

Sridhar

0 Likes