About the FX3 errata for sample code of AN75779

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hello

Page 47 of FX3 data sheet (Document Number: 001-52136 Rev. * X)  is described No.1~No.11 as Errata Summary.
Please tell me whether all the errata (except No6, 10) are supported for the following source code of AN75779.

https://www.cypress.com/file/123501/download

Best Regards,

Arai

メッセージ編集者: Norimitsu Arai 11/28 I will attache the excel sheet.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach

Hello Arai san,

I have addressed the above questions and am adding the answers to the queries in the attached excel sheet.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Yashwant

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello Arai-san,

All the necessary workarounds of the FX3 datasheet errata are implemented in the AN75779.

But, if you are going to do some ESD tests, you should go through the work-around provided in the datasheet on page 50, which talks about No. 8 and refer to GpiftoUsb example to see the work-around provided.

Also, refer to page 52, errata no. 11, which is a suggested workaround that needs to be implemented in the firmware to handle the interrupt.

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5

Hello

>you should go through the work-around provided in the datasheet on page 50, which talks about No. 8 and refer to GpiftoUsb example to see >the work-around provided.

>

Regarding workaround mentioned above, CYU3P_USBEPSS_RESET_EVT is described in the GpiftoUsb code. However, they can not find CYU3P_USBEPSS_RESET_EVT of AN75779 by Grep search,  is it ok to think that it is included as an object?

Best Regards,

Arai

0 Likes

Hello Arai-san,

The work-around for the above issue is included in the GpiftoUsb example only.

The customer will have to include the same workaround in their AN75779 example if they are going to perform some in-house ESD tests.

But this workaround is not included in the project as an object and the customer will have manually add that part.

Please ask the customer to understand the workaround and then implement the same in their frimware if necessary.

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Yashwant san

I will attache the Excel sheet for errata, please comment in column F. We want to check whether it is necessary to add the firmware code manually in other parts(No.3, No.4, No.5, No.7,No.9) .

Best Regards

Arai

0 Likes
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Yashwant san

Any updates? Should I provide an additional explanation for my question?

Best Regards

Arai

0 Likes

Hello Arai-san,

Can you please provide an additional explaination as to what your question is?

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Yashwant san

Please check the attached Excel sheet(Errata_check.xlsx) the other day.Please clarify if the customer need additional FW code manually.In particular, confirmation No.3, No.4, No.5, No.7 and No.9 are necessary.Also, the customer performed a grep search the AN75779 code and confirmed that some workaround were taken(Please check column E), and please comment in column F.

pastedImage_3.png

Best Regards

Arai

0 Likes
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5

I'm sorry. I will add the Excel column symbol.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello Arai san,

I have addressed the above questions and am adding the answers to the queries in the attached excel sheet.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Yashwant san

Thank you for your reply.

Best Regards,