Heater with cyble 214009-00

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ThWe_4461836
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi,

I ama beginner user of Cypress products and I need some help.

I would like to use the cyble 214009-00 chip in order to control 16 different heaters via Bluetooth.  

I fabricate the heater myself. I need to give them 0.7 Amps and 1.2 V for them to heat up to the desired temperature. I will use 3.3v, 150mAh lithium-ion battery to power them.

I know I cannot draw that much current directly from each pin. so my question is what components I need to use ( like MOSFETs or bjt) in order to draw the needed current?

I can fix the cyble 214009 with the needed components and my heaters in one substrate at the end.

Can you please let me know if this is doable and how it can be achieved .

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
3 Replies
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Wedyan,

Is the battery only powering the PSoC ? How are the heaters going to be powered and for how long ? I don't think that Li-ion battery is sufficient for your application. Regarding driving circuit, you can find mosfet driving circuits on net for your application. The circuit will dependent upon your driving circuit( whether its a switching type or not).

Best Regards,
Vasanth

Hi Vasanth,

Thank you so much for your reply.

The battery should power both. I only need to power the heaters one at a time for 5 seconds only.  You don't think this is doable with only one battery?

What driving circuit would you suggest, please?

Thanks again

0 Likes
0 Likes