Can BT search function and BT connection realized simultaneously

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YaTr_3516311
Level 5
Level 5
25 sign-ins First solution authored 100 replies posted

Hi,

I have a requriement want to have a confirm. There are bluetooth A and B C D. BT A searched B, then create communication with B and transfer data with B. Then can BT A still search other devices such as C, D simultaneously?(which means A communication with B and at the same time , A search tag C and D).

I now have cybt343026-01 module, other module will be OK for above function.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Yao treacy,

You can try the below flow.

1. When you find the first device, B then stop scan and initiate a connection.

2. In the connection callback , after the connection you can enable the start scanning again and check for C/D and continue the same.

Please note , currently the max connections is set to 3 in hello_client example, you can increase according to your requirement.

Please test it and let us know if you are facing any problems.

What's the max connection number supported for one BT device?

Ideally there is no limit. But the constraints are memory limit , connection parameters etc.

We have tested and evaluated the max number connections as in the below table :

1. Sl.No

Feature

8 LE Central connection + 1 BR/EDR connection

7 LE Central + 1 LE Peripheral+ 1 BR/EDR connection

6 LE Central + 2 LE Peripheral+ 1 BR/EDR connection

5 LE Central + 3 LE Peripheral+ 1 BR/EDR connection

3 LE Peripheral Connections+ 1 BR/EDR connection

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Yao Treacy,

Yes, Multiple connection is supported on 20706 modules. You can use hello_client project and can test the functionality.

Make sure you enable scanning for next devices (C, D) in device A after connecting to B (in the connection call back )

Regards,
Anjana

Hi,

I want to confirm that connection and scan function can work at the same time?(For example, A connect to B and transfer data with B, at the same time, A can search C, D. Right?)

0 Likes

Another question,

0 Likes

Hi Yao treacy,

You can try the below flow.

2. In the connection callback , after the connection you can enable the start scanning again and check for C/D and continue the same.

Please note , currently the max connections is set to 3 in hello_client example, you can increase according to your requirement.

Please test it and let us know if you are facing any problems.

Ideally there is no limit. But the constraints are memory limit , connection parameters etc.

We have tested and evaluated the max number connections as in the below table :

1. Sl.No

Feature

8 LE Central connection + 1 BR/EDR connection

7 LE Central + 1 LE Peripheral+ 1 BR/EDR connection

5 LE Central + 3 LE Peripheral+ 1 BR/EDR connection

3 LE Peripheral Connections+ 1 BR/EDR connection

Hi AnjanaM,

1) So during the creating connection process, must stop scan. Right? Can't let scan function always enable?

currently the max connections is set to 3 in hello_client example, you can increase according to your requirement.

2) I checked the example, the number is 4. Any misunderstanding of me?

pastedImage_1.png

3) in your table list No4(I dont care BR/EDR). So does it mean one central can connect with 3 LE peripheral at same time? From your list, the max connection with peripheral  is 3. Right? How about 4 LE Central + 4 LE Peripheral+ 1 BR/EDR connection ?

Hi ,

Below are my comments:

1) Yes , please stop scan -> then connect and then start scan again

2) maximum no: of connections is 4 (HELLO_CLIENT_MAX_CONNECTIONS), in that maximum no: of slaves (peripheral ) which you can connect is 3 (HELLO_CLIENT_MAX_SLAVES) and one central as per the demo example.

If you want to increase the no: of connections , please edit in wiced_bt_cfg_settings_t for max links

.gatt_cfg =                                                     /* GATT configuration */

{

.appearance                     = APPEARANCE_GENERIC_TAG,                                     /**< GATT appearance (see gatt_appearance_e) */

.client_max_links               = 3,                                                          /**< Client config: maximum number of servers that local client can connect to  */

.server_max_links               = 1,                                                          /**< Server config: maximum number of remote clients connections allowed by the local */

3)How about 4 LE Central + 4 LE Peripheral+ 1 BR/EDR connection ?

Ideally it should wok .

Thanks,
Anjana