FMAC Linux driver 2019-05-03 release removed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeGi_3036316
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!

Hello,

I am in the process of upgrading to the 2019-05-03 release of the FMAC driver and I noticed today that this release is no longer available in the community site and that 2019-10-31 is now available.

Was it removed on purpose because it should not be used?  Is 2019-05-03 safe to use or should I skip this release and use 2019-10-31 instead?  I am using the Murata 1DX module (CYW4343W chipset).

Thanks,

Jesse

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

We replaced the package you referenced with the 10-31 package.  The 10-31 packages contains several security fixes, so we are recommending that you use it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
VinayakS_26
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

You can go ahead with latest release of fmac in the community as it will have the latest and greatest updates and bug fixes. Please see the changelogs in the README attached in the release for any changes to the firmware of 4343w.

Regards,

VinayakS_26

0 Likes

I will go ahead with using the 2019-10-31 release, but I don't see any changelog for the firmware in the release.  This was in the README in older releases, but it is missing in the latest (and in 2019-05-03 release).  Can you please provide?

Thanks.

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

We replaced the package you referenced with the 10-31 package.  The 10-31 packages contains several security fixes, so we are recommending that you use it.

0 Likes

Thank you for the information, this is what I was looking for.  I don't see any information in the README however about any security fixes.  Were the security fixes in the firmware or driver?

0 Likes

The security related fixes are in both driver and firmware, including some checks for invalid input and WPA3 related fixes.

0 Likes