Distributor say CYBLE-022001-01 MIC Japan is certified with only BLE component V2.3. Is it true?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AkFu_2553776
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted Welcome!

I'm working some BLE device design using CYBLE-022001-01.

The module already have MIC certification so I thought I could use latest BLE component V3.61.

But some distributor (Which is one of direct cypress distributor in Japan) said must use V2.3 otherwise it is not MIC certified.

I don't believe this, because even BLE component changed but BLE hardware architecture is not changed...

Can I use CYBLE-022001-01 with BLE V3.61 component without losing MIC certification?

Thanks,

Aki

0 Likes
1 Solution
GuhapriyanT_31
Employee
Employee
10 solutions authored 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hello Aki san,

The module is probably tested with BLE component v2.3 or older (as BLE component V3.61 did not exist at the testing time).

The test report or certificate for Japan does not mention the BLE component version used for testing. All the later BLE component updates are done to support additional parts and features and does not change the radio configuration for older parts. As the radio configuration for this part is same across the BLE components, I believe there should not be a problem in using the latest BLE component.

Since, I am not an expert in Japan regulations, I would suggest you to check with an expert based on the information I mentioned.

Thanks,

Guha

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
GuhapriyanT_31
Employee
Employee

Hello Aki san,

The module is probably tested with BLE component v2.3 or older (as BLE component V3.61 did not exist at the testing time).

The test report or certificate for Japan does not mention the BLE component version used for testing. All the later BLE component updates are done to support additional parts and features and does not change the radio configuration for older parts. As the radio configuration for this part is same across the BLE components, I believe there should not be a problem in using the latest BLE component.

Since, I am not an expert in Japan regulations, I would suggest you to check with an expert based on the information I mentioned.

Thanks,

Guha

0 Likes

Hi Guha,

Thank you for the advise. I understand and I will ask customer to reconfirm with MIC expert.

BTW, Is Bluetooth SIG is valid also? Even with use BLE3.x component.

Since I saw the module say "Bluetooth SIG 4.1 qualified" here.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/datasheets/cyble-022001-00-ez-ble-creator-module

I think the component 3.X is BLE4.2 support but hardware is still BLE4.1 so may be no problem?

Thanks,

Aki

0 Likes
GuhapriyanT_31
Employee
Employee

Hi Aki san,

Yes. As the CYBLE-022001-01 module does not support 4.2 features, we cannot use those features even with 3.X component versions.

With each component release, the radio configurations remains the same as the one tested for compliance, so, RF-PHY is not impacted. Other protocol layers might have changes to support new features for other parts, optimizations and bug fixes. The supported feature for a part that is already qualified remains untouched to retain compliance. With every release of the BLE component, all the released parts are tested internally for all the applicable test cases for Bluetooth SIG compliance across all protocol layers.

Thanks,

Guha

0 Likes

Hi Guha,

Okay, I understood.

Thank you for your crystal clear answer!

Thanks,

Aki

0 Likes