Drivers for CYPD3125-40LQXIT

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
IsFe_3819901
Level 1
Level 1

I created a design using the CYPD3125-40LQXIT. I plugged it into my computer, but I do not see the chip. I know it comes with an I2C bootloader. Are there any drivers I need to install to see it on my computer? Or is there any other way to communicate to it? Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

I have confirmed that it is now impossible to change bootloader for CYPD3125. In this case, you cannot update it firmware through USB-C port. You'll need an external USB Serial Device like CYPD65211 to update firmware through I2C interface.

Regards,
Eddie

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
YiZ_31

Hi,

For CYPD3120 or CYPD3121, it comes with a USB bootloader. If you plug them into the USB port of your PC, you can see the device.

But for CYPD3125, you'll need to update its firmware through I2C port. You could also update its firmware through SWD interface with a MiniProg.

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes

Hi,

In the reference design I have it connected to a USB-C port. Will the MiniProg be able to communicate with it? If so, which one would you recommend I get for this?

0 Likes
YiZ_31

Hi,

I have confirmed that it is now impossible to change bootloader for CYPD3125. In this case, you cannot update it firmware through USB-C port. You'll need an external USB Serial Device like CYPD65211 to update firmware through I2C interface.

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes

Hi,

The pins I need to breakout so I can reprogram the CYPD3125-40LQXIT with a MiniProg 3/4 are: VSYS, SWD_0_DAT, SWD_0_CLK, XRES and GND? Is this correct or are there other pins I need as well?

0 Likes
YiZ_31

Hi,

You can power CCG3 via VDDD. VDDD, SWD_0_DAT, SWD_0_CLK, XRES and GND, 5 pins are needed.

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes