CE210289 capsense P4 Linear slider code with PSOC 4100S Pioneer kit.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SHTR_4527601
Level 1
Level 1

I am using a PSOC 4100S Pioneer kit and i want to implement a slider example on it. I have successfully build the CE210289 capsense P4 Linear slider code and programmed it into the device (i have selected the right device) but when i am launching the capacitance tuner gui i am not able to connect and rea the data from the device. One of the messages i am getting is KitProg2 version Expecting 1.05, but found 1.02. Please use PSoC Programmer GUI to upgrade firmware. Will it affect the connection if yes please let me know how to solve it

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi SHTR_4527601​,

1. Please check if you are using the correct I2C pins. Let us know what pins you have connected them to.

2. Check if your ezi2c component is configured as below:

pastedImage_0.png
3. Check if you're connecting to the TUNER correctly:

pastedImage_1.png

Send us screenshots of all the error messages you observe in Tuner GUI.

Also make sure none of the other software such as PSoC programmer, BCP are running at the background. There are chances that you're device is connected to the other software. Please close all other instances and make sure only Tuner GUI and PSoC Creator is running.

At present i am programming the device with linear slider example developed for 042 kit and i am changing the device from device selector in projects menu to my device i.e cy8c4146azis433 still it is not working.

Could you please let us know what is not working? It will be really helpful if you could tell us which part is not working (Tuner, programming, CapSense performance etc)so that it will be easy for us to debug the issue.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

20 Replies
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

Please download and install PSoC Programmer (the newest one is recommended) from the URL below.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/psoc-programmer-archive

Stop debugger of PSoC Creator if it is running to avoid connection conflict.

Connect your board to PC and startup PSoC Programmer

000-PSoC-Programmer.JPG

Then select "Utilities" tab and select "Upgrade Firmware"

001-UP-FW.JPG

When the bottom green bar shows "PASS" and the Results said Succeeded, it's done.

Please quit PSoC Programmer and keep on what you were doing.

002-Updated.JPG

moto

0 Likes

I have done what you have suggested, still facing the same error i.e unable

to read data from device.

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 5:51 AM Motoo Tanaka <community-manager@cypress.com>

0 Likes
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

I'm sorry for hearing that my suggestion did not work.

BTW, are you still receiving same error message?

> "KitProg2 version Expecting 1.05, but found 1.02. Please use PSoC Programmer GUI to upgrade firmware"

Or are you getting different error message now?

If so would you post the exact error message you are getting?

moto

0 Likes

This error message is solved but not the gui capsense tuner is not getting

connected to the kit when i am launching the tuner, the i2c bridge is not

getting connected.

I am getting the message unable to receive the data from the device.

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 1:46 PM Motoo Tanaka <community-manager@cypress.com>

0 Likes
SHTR_4527601
Level 1
Level 1

Also in the literature it is suggesting that kitprog2 is supported but i am using kitprog3 will that effect?

0 Likes
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

It was my bad that I thought it was PSoC 4100S Plus kit (CY8CKIT-149)

but you are using CY8CKIT-041-41XX PSoC 4100S Pioneer Kit, right?

Then as I don't have that board all I can do is suggesting "usual" check ups.

I think that the kit has on board KitProg2.

Are you using an external KitProg3

or have you updated the KitProg firmware to KitProg3,

or are you using an external MiniProg3?

moto

0 Likes

I have upgraded the firmware to kitprog3.

On Fri 15 Nov, 2019, 14:23 Motoo Tanaka, <community-manager@cypress.com>

0 Likes
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

Could you check

(1) Pin assign

I2C_SDA : P3_1

I2C_SCL : P3_0

(2) The program is compiled without error

(3) The program is programmed to the device without error

(4) Then you are following the operation in the Schematic

moto

0 Likes

One mire problem i am facing is that when i am building and programming the

device with one button example code. I am not getting any change in value

when i am connecting a wire to P[0] and it blinking only when i am touching

the base of p[0] header. How can i change the baseline header.

Please tell

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 2:46 PM Shivam Trivedi <contactshivam017@gmail.com>

0 Likes
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

One thing I noticed is that legacy PSoC 4 and PSoC 4100S / 4100S Plus are somewhat different.

So how about trying sample for PSoC 4100S?

I'm assuming that you are using CY8CKIT-041-41XX, if not please replace the kit name with what you are using.

At first go to Kit's page

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-041-41xx-psoc-4100s-capsense-pi...

000-Kit-TopPage.JPG

Scroll down to resource listing...

001-Complete-Setup.JPG

And please select and download CY8CKIT-041-41XX PSOC 4100S PIONEER KIT Complete Setup

Then open the CY8CKIT04141XXSetup_RevSA.exe file as an admin.

002-install-complete.JPG

In the Product Installation Overview page, select "Complete" and select [Next >]

003-EULA.JPG

Read License Agreement and accept if you agree and select [Next >]

004-Install-Complete.JPG

When installation is done, you should have sample project in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\CY8CKIT-041-41XX PSoC 4100S Pioneer Kit\1.0\Firmware\PSoC 4100S

07-Samples.JPG

Please try project in this folder.

moto

0 Likes

Hi i am using PSOC 4100S PIONEER KIT to implement and test a linear slider example. Please let me know if you know of any example that is developed for this particular kit. At present i am programming the device with linear slider example developed for 042 kit and i am changing the device from device selector in projects menu to my device i.e cy8c4146azis433 still it is not working. Please tell if i am doing any mistake.

0 Likes

Hi SHTR_4527601​,

1. Please check if you are using the correct I2C pins. Let us know what pins you have connected them to.

2. Check if your ezi2c component is configured as below:

pastedImage_0.png
3. Check if you're connecting to the TUNER correctly:

pastedImage_1.png

Send us screenshots of all the error messages you observe in Tuner GUI.

Also make sure none of the other software such as PSoC programmer, BCP are running at the background. There are chances that you're device is connected to the other software. Please close all other instances and make sure only Tuner GUI and PSoC Creator is running.

At present i am programming the device with linear slider example developed for 042 kit and i am changing the device from device selector in projects menu to my device i.e cy8c4146azis433 still it is not working.

Could you please let us know what is not working? It will be really helpful if you could tell us which part is not working (Tuner, programming, CapSense performance etc)so that it will be easy for us to debug the issue.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh

Hi thanks for your response, the device got connected to the tuner gui and slider is working. The main issue was I2c which is configured correctly now.
Now second task i want to tune the slider graph view as per my application i.e to control the brightness of led also the status is 1 always can you tell me why it is happening.

0 Likes

Hi SHTR_4527601​,

Please refer to the PSoC 4 CapSense design guide 5.3.2.5 Slider Widget Example  to properly tune a slider widget.

https://www.cypress.com/file/46081/download

Did you try using smartSense? Please share screenshot of the graph view showing the issue.

What is the overlay material and thickness of the material? Does the sensor got give enough difference counts when using overlay? If so, can you try increasing resolution and check if you are getting more signal?

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Yes i have tried smart sense.
The overlay material is acrylic with 1 mm thickness. No the sensor does not get any difference count when using overlay.
Without overlay it is working perfectly.

0 Likes

Can you please share the schematic and layout of your design?

Please share screen shots of the tuner.

It is not recommend to use Capsense without overlay.

Perform a BIST test (refer to component datasheet for information) and check if there is any test that is failing.

Let us know the Hardware and software tuning parameters that you have set for CapSense. If possible share the CapSense configuration XML file.

Kindly share the Tuner graph view output.

Please send the above information for us to debug the issue.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Also i have to add a button to slider. What is the procedure for the same.
I have added a button component in the capsense component apart from that what else changes i need to do.

0 Likes

When i am adding the button component in capsense, the button raw data and baseline is very less as compared to 5 segments of the slider because of which the data of button is not visible in graph view. Can you tell me how to increase the raw count and baseline value of button.

0 Likes

Hi SHTR_4527601​,

1. Add the button component in the basic tab of CapSense component.

2. Configure the hardware parameters as given in Manual tuning section of CapSense Design guide

3. Leave software parameters to default values

4. Assign the sensor (button) to the right pin in the Pins tab of DWR

5 .Make sure you connect the sensor to the pin as assigned in step 4. (Please do not check capsense performance without connecting the sensor)

6. Use Tuner to fine tune the sensor (adjust resolution and software parameters as required)

Design guide: https://www.cypress.com/file/46081/download

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

The slider is not working with an overlay. Please tell how should i change the settings so that the slider works with an overlay above it.

0 Likes