fx3 update manager not installed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ScGr_289066
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi All,

I have been using FX3 SDK and PSoC Creator for quite some time.  I have had issues running update manager from either the FX3 or PSoC installations.  In both cases I am told it is not installed.  So today I removed all all Cypress development software and drivers, and deleted their directories.  I reinstalled the FX3 SDK and still cannot run the update manager.  What's happening and how can I fix it?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello Scott,

Since there is no Cypress Update manager in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress folder, the PSOC SW cannot open it.

Can you please extract the attached folder and place it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress directory?

Regards,

Sridhar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
21 Replies
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Hello Scott,

It is known that FX3 SDK 1.3.3 to SDK 1.3.4 is not being updated through Update Manager. It is planned to fix this issue in the next release.

Can you please install the SDK 1.3.4 directly from website instead updating it through Update Manager?

It will be installed successfully.

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I did install FX3 SDK 1.3.4 by downloading the installer from the web.  It did install OK, *except* I cannot run Update Manager.  Attempts to do so report Update Manager is not installed.  Also, if I install another package, specifically PSoC creator, it cannot install or run Update Manager either.  Furthermore, the PSoC programmer support doesn't install correctly, I cannot use the MiniProg3 programmer from Creator.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Likes

Scott,

Can you please provide the screen shots of updating PSOC creator from Update Manager and errors/failures seen, if any?

Can you please provide more information " PSoC programmer support doesn't install correctly, I cannot use the MiniProg3 programmer from Creator" with some screen shots?

If possible, please try to install in another PC and check.

0 Likes

Hi,

I have in the past had this application installed and operable on this PC.

In the process of installing the FX3 SDK package, the PSOC installation was broken.  I don't know the exact circumstances, whether I tried removing and reinstalling something, or if some other sequence led to the problem.  I am sure the packages can be installed on another PC, but I need them working on this PC.

Here's a screen shot I received today after installing the newest PSOC creator 4.2:

pastedImage_0.png

Note before the install I had uninstalled (using Windows uninstaller) all Cypress software from the computer and deleted all remaining Cypress directories.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Likes

what's happening with this?

I really need a way to do a "clean" uninstall of this software, so the next install succeeds.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Likes

Hello Scott,

I knew that there was an issue of upgrading to FX3 SDK 1.3.4 from 1.3.3 using Cypress Update Manager. It has been fixed in Q319.

In the last week, I have tried updating the FX3 SDK 1.3.3 to 1.3.4 also installed PSOC Creator 4.2 using Cypress Update Manager.

I can see both are working as expected now.

Regards,

Sridhar

0 Likes

Hi Sridhar,

I just did an uninstall and reinstall and update manager still doesn't

launch.  What do I have to do to fix it?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Likes

Hello Scott,

Can you please specify what are all you have unistalled and installed?

Which are all softwares/SDK you have installed and how did you install?

What is the error shown up by the Cypress Update Manager?

Regards,

Sridhar

0 Likes

Hi Sridhar,

I used the PoSC 4.2 installer as downloaded from Cypress.com yesterday to remove then install the app.

I get the same error that's posted above on June 10'th.  Note this error has been going on for SIX (6) MONTHS now and you are still asking what error I have?!?

I have the FX3 SDK, PoSC Creator 4.2, and EZ USB Suite as well as all their dependencies.

Scott

0 Likes

Hello Scott,

Can you please check whether the Cypress Update Manager is located in the following folder in your PC.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Cypress Update Manager

There supposed to be an cyliveupdate.exe. If it is there, please execute it.

Sometimes folders don't get deleted during uninstallation, please delete all the folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress  and attempt reinstall.

Regards,

Sridhar

0 Likes

Hi Sridhar,

There is no folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Cypress Update Manager".  The Cypress folder in "Program Files (x86) contains folders: "Cypress USB-Serial Driver", "EZ-USB FX3 SDK", "PDL" and "PSoC Creator" and no other files.

I also have a working installation of Eclipse for the CX3 CPU and don't want to risk damaging it.

What do you suggest?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Likes

Hello Scott,

You  need to reinstall PSoC Creator.

Please follow these steps:

1. Go to Programs and Features in the Control Panel. Choose PSoC Creator and select uninstall.
  2. Go to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\” and delete all folders that are relaated PSOC Creator inside this directory.
  3. Go to “C:\Users\ddka\AppData\Local\Cypress Semiconductor” and delete anything this folder if it exists. Sometimes an uninstall doesn’t delete this folder.
  4. Now install PSoC Creator again, make sure Anti-virus and end point protection softwares if any are disabled.

This should solve the problem.

Regards,

Sridhar

0 Likes

Hi Sridhar,

After the uninstall, there were three folders in program files (x86): "Cypress USB-serial Driver", "EZ-USB FX3 SDK" and "PDL".  I deleted PDL.

There was no "Users\ddka" folder.

I then did a complete reinstall and ran update manager:

pastedImage_0.png

Nothing is fixed!

Best,

Scott

0 Likes

Hello Scott,

ddka is system admistrator folder name in my PC. It would be your admistrator name in your PC.

Please check it and do needful then do un-install and install again.

Regards,

Sridhar

0 Likes

Hi Sridhar,

As you instructed, I did an uninstall, when to c:\users\user\appdata\local\cypress semiconductor and deleted this folder and all it's contained folders, then did a complete reinstall.  No difference, update manager still isn't installed:

pastedImage_0.png

What next?

Scott

0 Likes

Anything happening on this?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Likes

Hello Scott,

We will provide the steps to delete the registry settings.

regards,

sridhar

0 Likes

Scott,

Please try deleting the registry settings and install the PSOC as follows:

1. Go to Programs and Features in the Control Panel. Choose PSoC Creator and select uninstall.
  2. Go to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\” and delete all folders that are relaated PSOC Creator inside this directory.
  3. Go to “C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Cypress Semiconductor” and delete anything this folder if it exists. Sometimes an uninstall doesn’t delete this folder.
  4. Use Win + R and run "regedit" to open the registry editor 5.
  5. Navigate to the path: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Cypress in the Registry Editor window and delete the folder PSoC Creator
  6. Re-install the PSOC Creator

Regards,

Sridhar

0 Likes

Hi Sridhar,

I'm sorry to report that even after uninstalling, deleting folders in both program files (x86) and appdata\local\cypress semiconductor and using regedit to delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Cypress and all its subkeys, the installation still doesn't install update manager.  There is no folder in Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Cypress Update Manager.

Here's the content of the session log file:

Log file for this session is located at: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\PSoC Creator-000.log

Error: fmk.M0027: cyliveupdate.exe: Unable to start executable image: (C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Cypress Update Manager\cyliveupdate.exe) (File=cyliveupdate.exe)

Best,

Scott

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello Scott,

Since there is no Cypress Update manager in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress folder, the PSOC SW cannot open it.

Can you please extract the attached folder and place it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress directory?

Regards,

Sridhar

0 Likes

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for sticking with it.  I believe it finally works!

Best,

Scott

0 Likes