EZ USB Suite Error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DoFl_4277251
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am currently working with the FX3 with MT9M114 Sensor. I have installed the EZ USB Suite but when I tried to import the project included in AN75779.  There's an error:

pastedImage_0.png

I've tried searching for solutions and one that I found was installation of GNU ARM Eclipse plugin

However when I tried to install it through Eclipse Marketplace:

This occurs during installation:

pastedImage_3.png

I've tried searching for other resolutions/similar issues raised by other people to no avail.

I hope you can help me.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello,

Please do not make any changes to the Eclipse IDE after installation of the FX3 SDK. You need not install plugins as it is already there along with the FX3 SDK. I have tried importing projects to Win10 64 bit PC and it worked properly.

Please make sure that you follow the steps mentioned in section 3.1.2 in the document GettingStartedWithFX3SDK. This document comes along with FX3 SDK and can be found in the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware

After reading this section, try importing the attached project into your workspace.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
DoFl_4277251
Level 1
Level 1

I see that the errors indicate something about my internet connection but I have tried installing offline - How to install the GNU MCU Eclipse plug-ins?  but still it is not pulling through.

My internet connection is very stable - I have tried this via LAN and Wifi. Alll my other applications connected to the internet seem to be running smoothly.

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you please uninstall the FX3 SDK once and re-install the latest SDK.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

Download the EZ-USB FX3 SDK 1.3.4 for your OS from this link. This contains the necessary plugins for using GCC Compiler for ARM. Please download the SDK, try importing the project and let us know the results.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

I am already using the latest version. I'm using Win 10 64 bit. I tried re-installing but the same issue still occurs.

0 Likes

Hello,

Please create a workspace in C drive. Then open the EZ-USB Suite. Import any of the example project in the FX3 SDK. These can be found by going to the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\

Also, make sure that the "Copy Projects into Workspace" field is checked as shown in the figure below:

pastedImage_0.png

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hi,

I have just tried your suggestion but still I am encountering the error -

pastedImage_0.png

And when i try to download from marketplace:

pastedImage_1.png

the error still persists.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello,

Please do not make any changes to the Eclipse IDE after installation of the FX3 SDK. You need not install plugins as it is already there along with the FX3 SDK. I have tried importing projects to Win10 64 bit PC and it worked properly.

Please make sure that you follow the steps mentioned in section 3.1.2 in the document GettingStartedWithFX3SDK. This document comes along with FX3 SDK and can be found in the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware

After reading this section, try importing the attached project into your workspace.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hi,

I re-installed again and followed the instructions on the document above. The projects in the /firmware folder are loaded into the workspace without any errors. When I tried to load this project - https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an75779-how-implement-image-sensor-interface...

The error below persists.

pastedImage_2.png

I've tried copying the folder into the /firmware folder but still the error persists. I could not find this example program in the firmware folder initially.

Help

0 Likes

Hello,

Did you try loading the project that I attached in the previous reply?

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hi,

Did you attach it to your reply -- I could not see it. Would you be so kind to attach it again?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Hello,

I find that you are reading the responses to this thread through the inbox. Please go to the following link and check for the same reply.

EZ USB Suite Error

You will see the attachment here. Please let me know if you do not find it.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hi,

Finally it worked!!!!!!!!!!! I was able to import the project smoothly. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes