PSOC-5 PROS/CONS,EOL

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaPo_4324361
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hello,

I'm considering using the PSOC-5 in my design (Industrial/Military standards required) for the following task :

-      Power sequncing (up/down) and voltage monitoring (using the internal ADC-s) of several DC-DC/LDO-s.

-      Current / Temperature monitoring (using the internal ADC-s) of a few power rails / PCB hot spots (Using external Current/Temperature to Voltage Devices).

-      Reset (input discrete) signal management - time debouncer, performing power sequencing when reset asserted.

-      Events Log record (Resets, voltage regulations vs time, etc.) over the internal EEPROM.

-      Real-Time transfer of all measurements mentioned above, over I2C/SPI/UART(to extenal device).

-      Configuration (may be one time) of several devices over I2C/SPI.

To accomplish these tasks, can you point on pros and cons of this device, in comparison with other vendor CPLD-s, specifically Intel's MAX-10 (Try to be objective)?

What is the Longevity of the PSOC-5 (Which part has the longest life cycle/ farthest EOL estimation?)

Thanks,

Max

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

PSoC5 and MAX-10 are different class of devices, how  they can be compared? PSoC5 can accomplish all of the above in a breeze, but I would be concerned by the pricing and long-term availability.

/odissey1

View solution in original post

3 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

PSoC5 and MAX-10 are different class of devices, how  they can be compared? PSoC5 can accomplish all of the above in a breeze, but I would be concerned by the pricing and long-term availability.

/odissey1

Thanks for yout reply.

That's exactly the point, I need to decide which of the classes is more suitable for all the mentioned tasks (regarding the implementaion complexity. If with PSOC5 I can accomplish it in a "breeze" but with MAX-10 it's much more complicated, than PSOC5 is the right option).

Also, how can I know about the long term / longevity / EOL issues? Is there any list?

Thanks a lot!

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

There is not plan to EOL the PSoC5LP in short term and MPNs with more features tend to have longer life cycle.

Best Regards,

Vasanth

0 Likes