I'm using a cy8c4247azi-m485 and a LCD2004A with a I2c io expander based on the PCF8574T(address=0x27) and can't get the characters to display. I'm using the I2C LCD example found in the PSoC Creator program.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PaWi_4502436
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using a CY8C4247AZI-M485 and a LCD2004A with a I2c io expander based on the PCF8574T(address=0x27) and can't get the characters to display.  I'm using the I2C LCD example found in the PSoC Creator program.

Here are some of the settings:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Attached is a copy of the project.

Paul Wilson

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

The I2C LCD Component is intended to work with a NXP PCF2119x compatible LCD because the commands used are based on the PCF2119x LCD Controller. You can find the datasheet here: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/PCF2119X.pdf

Please attach the datasheet of LCD2004a, I couldn't find any with the "a" version. I suggest looking at the datasheet of the controller used by the LCD and the check the commands.

In the I2C-LCD Component, you can use "Custom format" in the General Tab

i2c_lcd.png

And then specify the commands if different in the "Custom Commands" tab. Apart from that I don't think any modifications need to be done.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

The I2C LCD Component is intended to work with a NXP PCF2119x compatible LCD because the commands used are based on the PCF2119x LCD Controller. You can find the datasheet here: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/PCF2119X.pdf

Please attach the datasheet of LCD2004a, I couldn't find any with the "a" version. I suggest looking at the datasheet of the controller used by the LCD and the check the commands.

In the I2C-LCD Component, you can use "Custom format" in the General Tab

i2c_lcd.png

And then specify the commands if different in the "Custom Commands" tab. Apart from that I don't think any modifications need to be done.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes