Using 4700 with square sensor to measure metal crossing it, which Type do i use button or proximity to best detect its crossing?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Doorknob
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

I am using the PSoC 4700 to use 3 square sensors to detect metal crossing them in separate locations.  From AN219207 it explains a square shape is best for sensing horizontal detection.  Its not clear to me which widget type is best utilized for this approach.  Do I use proximity or do i used button Widget Type?

Thanks

Scott

0 Likes
1 Solution
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi Scott,

You can use the Button widget to detect the presence or absence of the metal objects for your application. (Proximity widget will also work)

What is the expected distance between the metal and the button?

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
BragadeeshV

Hi Scott,

You can use the Button widget to detect the presence or absence of the metal objects for your application. (Proximity widget will also work)

What is the expected distance between the metal and the button?

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

The three independent moving metal posts I need to detect are 6 mm by 3 mm in size.  They will be between 1.5 mm and 2 mm above the detectors.  The 6 mm length will be traveling through the detector.  I was panning on using a 10 mm size rectangular detector like used on the CY8CKIT-148.  Will this be appropriate for this type of application?

Scott

0 Likes
BragadeeshV

Hi Scott,

10 mm size rectangular detector when properly tuned should be able to detect up to 0.75 times the loop diagonal. We think it should be fine.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes