Correct assignment of Port connections: Cmod and Shield

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FeEl_3191456
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First like given

Hi everybody,

I'm using CY8CKIT-145 for my project, connecting the Cypress board to a PCB sensor with a back shield.

I have found a mismatch in the assignment of Cmod and Shield ports. When I activate the shield, it is automatically assigned to P4[0] with Cmod to P4[1]:

pastedImage_1.png

I find confirmation of this also in the schematic of the board available online:

pastedImage_0.png

But if I look into the port options I see that Cmod should be connected to P4[2], shield to P4[1] and that P4[0] should be connected to an external Vref:

pastedImage_2.png

The result is that the automatic assignment seems to be wrong:

pastedImage_3.png

So is the error in the code (and so the automatic assignment is correct) or in the schematic of the board? What are the correct ports to connect Cmod, Shield and Sensor?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Please ignore the figure .cydwr->Analog.

You can assigned the Cmod pin in P4.1. It is Ok.

In addition, P4[1] not the shield pin, any pin which can be assigned as the touch sensor, it can be configured as the shield.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

Recommended Pins for external capacitors (table 7-8): https://www.cypress.com/file/46081/download

0 Likes

Hi,

My question was different, I'm using an evaluation kit with Cmod already integrated in it. I'm only connecting an external PCB for the proximity sensing with a sensor loop and a shield hatch. For this reason, Cmod has to be assigned to the correct pin. The problem is that I found a mismatch between what is written in the code and in the electronic diagram of the Cypress board.

From the diagram P4[1] should be connected to Cmod (Picture 2 above) while P4[2] was automatically assigned for the shield by PSoC when I turned on it (Picture 1 above). The problem is that in the desctiption of the port in "Pins" tab and in the "Analog" tab I see that P4[1] should be for shield and P4[2] for Cmod, as is shown in the pictures 3 and 4 above.

So should I change the ports as written in the descriptions? Or is it ok with the actual configuration? What are the correct pins for Cmod and Shield?

Thank you!

0 Likes

Please ignore the figure .cydwr->Analog.

You can assigned the Cmod pin in P4.1. It is Ok.

In addition, P4[1] not the shield pin, any pin which can be assigned as the touch sensor, it can be configured as the shield.

0 Likes

Ok, thank you!

One more question, to understand a little bit more: why in the "Analog" Tab the port P4.1 is written to be connected to the shield_pad instead of Cmod? And why if I select P4.1 it connects with the pink line to the sense instead of Cmod?

0 Likes

It just display, there is the switch inside of the chip. The pin can be switched to the IP Cmod.

0 Likes

Any answer to my question?

0 Likes