Indication response from the client

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaGa_4352226
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hallo community,

Im sending  data via indication protocol. This is a for loop which it says how many times has to update the server and afterwards sents the indication update. I want to send the next package of info after the respone of the cliet arrived. I found the event from the cy_ble: CY_BLE_EVT_GATTS_HANDLE_VALUE_CNF.

This particully Event is for:

This event indicates that an Indication Response is received from the GATT Client.

The event parameter is a pointer to a structure of type cy_stc_ble_conn_handle_t.

When I receive the conn_handle_t structure, this structure does not manage a attHandle. Thus, I can not re start to sending the next package to the client.

How can I manage this?

Resume: I want to send different pakages using a for loop (not necesary if you tell me) via indications

Regards,

David

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi David,

Do you see CY_BLE_EVT_GATTS_HANDLE_VALUE_CNF in your debug output?
Do you have implemented a write request to store CCCD for your char? Also, you should use a pointer to connection handle structure as a first param to Cy_BLE_GATTS_SendIndication function.
Please look attached file (it sends indications 10 times when you write CCCD to enable indication).

Thanks,
Nazar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
NazarP_56
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hello David,

Per BLUETOOTH SPECIFICATION Version 5.0, Vol 3, Part F, Section 3.4.7.2 "Handle Value Indication" (p.2210):
" …

The client shall send a Handle Value Confirmation in response to a Handle Value Indication. No further indications to this client shall occur until the confirmation has been received by the server

"
So, you should implement your "for loop" with waiting CY_BLE_EVT_GATTS_HANDLE_VALUE_CNF event before send next indication.

You can use some state-machine or waiting CY_BLE_EVT_GATTS_HANDLE_VALUE_CNF by polling Cy_BLE_ProcessEvent.

Regards,
Nazar

I tried to to a waiting after sending my first indication and the code was like this

In the main.c

export bool indicationResponse;

case CY_BLE_EVT_GATTS_HANDLE_VALUE_CNF:

indicationResponse = true;

DBG_PRINTF("CY_BLE_EVT_GATTS_HANDLE_VALUE_CNF \r\n");

in the for loop:

for (uint8_t i = controlNumber[0]; i >= 1; i-- ){

indicationResponse = false;

cy_en_ble_api_result_t errorIndication = Cy_BLE_GATTS_SendIndication(connHandle, &attibuteInfo);

if (errorIndication == CY_BLE_SUCCESS){

while(!indicationResponse)

{   Cy_BLE_ProcessEvents();

DBG_PRINTF("Waiting for Server indication response...\r\n");

}

DBG_PRINTF("Indication response received\r\n");

}

else

DBG_PRINTF("Error with the notification 0x%04X\r\n" , errorIndication);

}

But the program got stock in the while loop...

How should be the implemantation for the loop?

To be honest, Ive never heard about the state-machine... what is it?

Regards,

David

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi David,

Do you see CY_BLE_EVT_GATTS_HANDLE_VALUE_CNF in your debug output?
Do you have implemented a write request to store CCCD for your char? Also, you should use a pointer to connection handle structure as a first param to Cy_BLE_GATTS_SendIndication function.
Please look attached file (it sends indications 10 times when you write CCCD to enable indication).

Thanks,
Nazar

0 Likes