Found issue with RTC_Basics example project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

To all,

I found an issue with the RTC_Basics example project.  My Terminal program sends a carriage-return ('\r') and not the line-feed ('\n') expected by the program.  Therefore the set_new_time() function did not work for me.

I've made the following changes to main.c to address this issue and added a few more tweeks (All other code pieces are unchanged).  Here's a list of the tweeks:

• Added conditional check for '\r' in addition to the '\n' in set_new_time().
  • I changed the prompt line in set_new_time() to have the "HH MM SS dd mm yyyy" format be on a separate line.  This allows the user to match up the typed in characters directly under the format prompt.
  • I now echo the typed characters in set_new_time().  Previously, you entered the characters without knowing if a character was typed in correctly.
  • Added a automatic read of the RTC date_time every minute if not command processing.

Attached is the new main.c,  Replace the old one.  See if you like it.

Question:  Is there an official way to submit these changes for later inclusion in the example files?

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
1 Solution
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Leonard Poma

Thanks a lot for your effort. Your enhancement over the RTC_Basics code example is well received.

I will deliver these changes to SW team for consideration of adding it to changelist of next release.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Leonard Poma

Thanks a lot for your effort. Your enhancement over the RTC_Basics code example is well received.

I will deliver these changes to SW team for consideration of adding it to changelist of next release.

0 Likes

WangS.

You're welcome.  Glad to help.  It was a simple set of mods.

Len

Len
0 Likes

WangS,

New question:  I'm a bit new to ModusToolbox.  Getting use to it.

I'm using the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W board and I want to set up a WiFi client application.

I imported "aws_demos" from GitHub because it said it had "whd" middleware support.

After the import completed and I tried to Build, I get build errors.  I try to address each of them one after the other with no end in sight.

First off:  Am I using the right example project for Wifi Clients?

Second off:  Am I using the right tool (ModusToolbox)?

Len

Len
0 Likes