Psoc62 can not get programmed by Kit Programmer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SeBa_4568951
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i’ve  bought some CY8CPROTO-062-4343W-dev boards.

At first I’ve tried to program them with the ModuleToolBox under Linux. This works fine for me.
But there I do not see the possibility to access both kernels. So I’ve tried the Psorc creator. When I am trying to programm the target the application gets very lagy. SO I tried the programmer manually. 
The Kit-Programmer 3 says that the programming fails with:

Program Finished at 16:37:37 |

| Programming Terminated

| Detected JTAG ID: "6B A0 24 77" is not in database

Program Requested at 16:36:52 |

Successfully Connected to KitProg3 (CMSIS-DAP/BULK/041A048B02237400) at 16:36:48              | KitProg3. CMSIS-DAP Version 2.0.0. Firmware Version 1.01.158. Hardware Id 11.

Opening Port at 16:36:48 |

I’ve already have updated the applications by using the psocCreator  4.2 (4.2.0.641)

About Kit-Programmer:
Installed CyInstaller Products:

Bridge Control Panel  1.20.0.4358

Clock Programmer  1.9.0.4358

Device Database  4358

Example Code  4358

PSoC Programmer  3.28.5.4358

USB Bootloader Application  4358

Thanks for helping

Sebastian

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

As far as I know, you are not able to program CY8CPROTO-062-4343W DVK board using PSoC Programmer or PSoC Creator directly. These does not support the device.

Instead, Cypress Programmer / Modus Toolbox / mbed (DAPLink) can complete this work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

As far as I know, you are not able to program CY8CPROTO-062-4343W DVK board using PSoC Programmer or PSoC Creator directly. These does not support the device.

Instead, Cypress Programmer / Modus Toolbox / mbed (DAPLink) can complete this work.

0 Likes

Thanks for the respond.

Is it planed to support this device in future?
And is it possible to use the second core in Module Tool Box(MTB)?
But for me more important: I did not found a possibility to configure and customise the hardware in MTB like in PscoCreator.

0 Likes
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Sebastian,

I had the same inquiry. Can't load PSoC6 project in CY8CPROTO-062-4343W.  Why?

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes

Thanks Len for the answer.

Do you know if it is possible to program with this kid/uc with ModulesToolBox an my own communication blocks / Logic?
My goal with the psoc devices is it to have an spi slave which can respond automatically based on a in code defined register map.
E.g: The Bus-Master make a read access to register "X." and following . The psoc device should respond immediately and automatically based on the pre defined (can change while runtime) register contents. So there must be no uc activity while communication.

I plan to realize with such functionality to simulate simple sensor/actors.

If i would use a usual uc, i could get timing problems when i operate the spi in higher speeds.

Would it be possible to implement such system Module Tool Box and what would then be the correct entry point

thank you very much
Sebastian

0 Likes

Sebastian,

I've only performed a cursory study of ModusToolbox.  I also bemoan the lack of the hardware schematic-approach to the UDB and analog blocks to create efficient HW state machines.

ModusToolBox has means to configure many of the standard UDB blocks. Again, I'm not that familiar with this feature.

There are two things I have heard about ModusToolBox.  I heard that Cypress is working on moving the TopDesign-like module over to MTB.  Also, Cypress has unofficially announced that MTB Version 2.0 is near release.  Hopefully, the TopDesign-like tool will be a part of it.

I also remember seeing on the forum mention of a way to create a TopDesign in PSoC Creator and moving it to MTB.  However, for you're application, this may not be practical since the PSoC62 processor being used on the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W is not supported in PSoC Creator.

Len

Update:  I just noticed that ModusToolBox V2.0 was released 3 weeks ago.  I've got to check it out.  They claim that it has what is called "Cypress HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer)".  Hopefully this is an answer to both our prayers.

Len

I am already working with MTB 2.0.
The HAL seems to me a abstraction interface to the scm and IO,

And i do not see any way to create customised blocks.

Sebastian

0 Likes

Sebastian,

Thanks for the feedback.

Len

Len
0 Likes

is there a comment from cypress side?

0 Likes

to your questions -

Is it planed to support this device in future?

- no, there is no plan to add the device on CY8CPROTO-062-4343W DVK board into PSoC Creator. It will be only supported in MTB.

Is it possible to use the second core in Module Tool Box(MTB)?

- currently there is no access to the cm0+ provided for general users.

I did not found a possibility to configure and customise the hardware in MTB like in PscoCreator.

- as far as I know, the UDB blocks are still not available in MTB2.0 for P6 devices. I am not sure whether it's supported in next release of MTB.

0 Likes

Thank you for the respond,

If not by using the MTB GUI, might it be possible to use VHDL/Verilog to configure the UDB's with MTB?

0 Likes

The PSoC6 (CY8C62xA) on CY8CPROTO-062-4343W does not have UDBs.

The PSoC6 on the CY8CPROTO-063-BLE and the two CY8CKIT-062-... has 12UDBs included and is supported in Creator.

For your application there is a special mode of the SPI in hardware called EZSPI. which can provide a register based access to the FIFO of the SCB. Unfortunately there is no driver for this mode provided yet. It is limited to 256byte but does work without CPU intervention.

I think this mode is limited to SCB6 which is a DeepSleep capable SPI slave, but I might be wrong here.

It is described in the Architecture TRM chapter 27.3.4.2 EZSPI Mode

https://www.cypress.com/file/451846/download

Just for completeness, as CY8C62xA does not have UDBs:

For UDB support in ModusToolbox there is the possibility to do the configuration in Creator and than copy the generated sources into Modus. But it is not officially supported.

How do I create a custom UDB solution in the Modus toolbox?

Achim