FX3 with USB3 redriver

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaHa_3133581
Level 1
Level 1

I have designed an adapter board with a TI TUSB1002 redriver on compensate for channel loss across the adapter board and eventually an attached passive USB3 protocol analyzer (Totalphase Beagle 5000) in line with the host PC. Even without the analyzer attached, the FX3 SS explorer kit will not connect at 3.0 speeds. The redriver board works with other USB3 devices like a flash drive If I place a hub in-between the adapter and the FX3 then the device enumerates at 3.0 speed. Are there any issues using the FX3 with USB redrivers? The TUSB1002 is configured for RX detect in USB3 mode.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

There is no known issue with a re-driver in particular. You can try using CyU3PUsbSetTxSwing() before CyU3PConnectState() in your 3.0 firmware to increase transmitter strength. This is just a try, since I do not know the root cause

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Hemanth

Hi,

When FX3 SS Explorer kit is connected in USB Boot mode (J4 jumper in place) to a Host it enumerates as a Boot loader device which is 2.0

Please check if this is the problem. If yes, then you can program a (super speed) firmware into the EEPROM on SS Explorer kit, then remove the J4 jumper. This when connected to a Host enumerates as 3.0 device.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes

Yes, J4 is removed. The preprogrammed demo firmware enumerates at 3.0 speed--blue LED flashing quickly--when plugged into a USB port without the redriver, but the LED stays solid when the redriver board is used.

0 Likes
Hemanth

Hi,

There is no known issue with a re-driver in particular. You can try using CyU3PUsbSetTxSwing() before CyU3PConnectState() in your 3.0 firmware to increase transmitter strength. This is just a try, since I do not know the root cause

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes