Read HX3 firmware method for external EEPROM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hello

The customer is thinking that reading the HX3 firmware written in the external EEPROM. I think that it is possible to read setting value of the configuration by using Bluster Plus. But I want to know the method to read the firmware not bluster setting value but full HX3 firmware from external EEPROM.

Best Regards

Arai

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thank you for the clarification.

As I was mentioning on the previous post, there is no way to do it using HX3 Blaster Plus.

They should get a Firmware (bin file) from the outsourcing contractor. Otherwise, if they can meet their requirements on the firmware by changing only the configuration settings, they can use our firmware (https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/hx3-firmware ) with changing configuration settings by Bluster Plus.

Regards,

Hirotaka Takayama

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
HirotakaT_91
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Blaster Plus does not have its functionality.

It is unclear for me why do they want to read the entire HX3 firmware?

Regards,

Hirotaka Takayama

0 Likes
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Takayama san

The customer programs and uses HX3 FW in EEPROM. The programming itself is outsourced to an outside contractor.
This time, there was a problem that the USB device could not be recognized, so they are thinking that there is a problem in the EEPROM itself when the cause was investigated by the customer. Therefore, they are looking for a way to easily read the entire FW written EEPROM. So, It will be investigated whether there is a method that can be read by Cypress tools, or not.

Best Regards,

Arai

0 Likes

Thank you for the clarification.

As I was mentioning on the previous post, there is no way to do it using HX3 Blaster Plus.

They should get a Firmware (bin file) from the outsourcing contractor. Otherwise, if they can meet their requirements on the firmware by changing only the configuration settings, they can use our firmware (https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/hx3-firmware ) with changing configuration settings by Bluster Plus.

Regards,

Hirotaka Takayama

0 Likes
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Takayama san

Thank you for your reply.

Best Regards

Arai