Migrating EZ-USB to Windows 10

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KuLi_1840016
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to update from a Windows 7 PC to a PC running Windows 10 OS. We only use the CY7C68013A-100 chip on our custom boards. I have programmed these chips in the past using EZ-USB software for Win 7.

On the new Win10 PC I am using the newer Cypress driver CYUSB3.sys version 1.2.3.20. The Device Manager recognizes there is an un-programmed device plugged in as shown below.

pastedImage_0.png

But the USB Control Center does not list the device so therefore I cannot attempt to program it.

pastedImage_1.png

I haven't found any answers to this on the Community site.

What am I doing wrong?

0 Likes
1 Solution
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Looks like the driver is not digitally signed and might be altered. Please install the FX3 SDK for windows from https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit  which contains the cyusb3 version 1.2.3.20 driver and manually bind the device to the driver from the FX3 SDK through the device manager.

Also please do let me know with which VID and PID is the device enumerating in the device manager?

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Looks like the driver is not digitally signed and might be altered. Please install the FX3 SDK for windows from https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit  which contains the cyusb3 version 1.2.3.20 driver and manually bind the device to the driver from the FX3 SDK through the device manager.

Also please do let me know with which VID and PID is the device enumerating in the device manager?

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Yatheesh,

Thanks that worked! I don’t know why the driver I had didn’t work even though it had the same version number.

Once I had the correct Cypress driver then I was able to load our Identifiers.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hello,

The files (.inf, .sys, .cat) in the driver package that you had bound your device to earlier might have been altered, may be the PIDs were also changed, this made the driver to loose its Microsoft digital signature and hence leading to the problem.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes