S25FL-L and S25FL-S compatibility

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PhPu_4560846
Level 1
Level 1

The ZYNQ 7000 only list compatibility with the S25FL-S part.

• Is the S25FL-L functionally compatible to the S25FL-S?
  • Is there a pin equivalent part that I can migrate the S25FL256LAGNFM010 to the S25FL-S family?
0 Likes
1 Solution
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Philip,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Semiconductor.

I would like to inform you that S25FL-L family of devices are officially approved and supported on Xilinx Zynq 7000 in latest Vivado suite.

FL-L is a newer device as compared to FL-S family. If you are planning to migrate to FL-S only because of compatibility issue then it might not be required.

However, if you still wish to migrate, I would request you to refer to this application note that compares the features of FL-L and FL-S devices - https://www.cypress.com/file/334026/download

Please note that this guide is for migrating from FL-S to FL-L.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Best Regards,

Apurva

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Apurva_S

Hi Philip,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Semiconductor.

I would like to inform you that S25FL-L family of devices are officially approved and supported on Xilinx Zynq 7000 in latest Vivado suite.

FL-L is a newer device as compared to FL-S family. If you are planning to migrate to FL-S only because of compatibility issue then it might not be required.

However, if you still wish to migrate, I would request you to refer to this application note that compares the features of FL-L and FL-S devices - https://www.cypress.com/file/334026/download

Please note that this guide is for migrating from FL-S to FL-L.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Best Regards,

Apurva

Apurva_S

Hi Philip,

As per your previous query, "Our team is having difficulty with the latest Vivado suite in getting the S25FL-L device to work with the ZYNQ 7020. Is there a Xilinx contact with experience using ZYNQ and the S25FL256LAGNFM010 QSPI flash that can help us?"

I would like to inform you that the S25FL256L is not supported by the latest Vivado suite. The following KBA might be helpful for you - Using Cypress S25FL-L SPI Flash with Xilinx 7 Series FPGAs – KBA219685

Regards,

Apurva

0 Likes