CYW920819EVB-02 Evaluation Kit connecting BLE very short range with Samsung S10e

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WyLa_4527361
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted

Hi I am using the CYW920819EVB-02 Evaluation Kit and the range for the BLE5 is only a meter if not less. I am running the beacon program and the battery level program with the same results to my Samsung 10e. Running off my laptop for power. What am I doing won't?

Thanks

Wyatt

0 Likes
5 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi WyLa_4527361​,

Are you trying to connect CYW920819EVB-02 eval kit over WiFi to WiFi module? CYW920819EVB-02 is a Bluetooth eval kit which performs Bluetooth applications using chip CYW20819; it doesn't dupport WiFi connectivity.

To get start with the kit, You will have to install Modus Toolbox BT SDK: ModusToolbox BT SDK

The CYW20819 product guide should be helpful to you: CYW20819 Product Guide

Following table should help on maximum BLE connections possible.

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes

Sorry, I changed the question.

0 Likes

Hi Wyatt,

Can you please elaborate more about your query? I could not understand the problem from the provided description.

Also, please create a new thread for different question next time instead of changing the question. It is easier to keep track that way.

0 Likes

Sorry about not creating another post. The issue is that I'm trying to connect to the beacon from my Samsung S10 and the range seems to be about 1 meter after that it cuts out. Is this expected or would the range be longer if I was using two beacons like the one mentioned in the post? What is the expected range?  I was testing inside. Both the evaluation kit and phone were in the same room.

0 Likes

Hi WyLa_4527361 ,

Can you please make sure if you have set the tx power level maximum or not ?

You can either set  it in wiced_bt_cfg.c or using the API wiced_bt_set_tx_power (refer wiced_bt_dev.h for API details ).

If still you are facing very less range , please try with another EVAL board .

Thanks,
Anjana

0 Likes