How to data between Windows 10 and EZ Serial (CyBLE-013025-00) module

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiVa_4337911
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Hi,

I am trying to establish a serial connection between either a computer (Windows 10) or between two CyBLE-013025-00 modules. I have gone through the cable replacement example (section 3.2 of the document "EZ-Serial WICED BLE Firmware Platform User Guide",https://www.cypress.com/file/408286/download​  ), in fact there is no example, only showing the messages during the connection process. I connected the module to a PC (Windows 10) and the device immediately get disconnected with a reason 0x913, see the messages below:

pastedImage_1.png

I was expecting something like a new comport, but nothing happens. The device manager shows a new bluetooth device.

pastedImage_2.png

Is there any program to send data over this?

For connecting between two CyBLE-013025-00 modules, the document advises to use WICED SMART to develop a program, but no further information.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Niras,

First of all, please note EZ-Serial WICED BLE Firmware won't support BLE Central , it will only support peripheral role.

If you want to use CyBLE-013025-00 module at both sides, its better to use custom application developed with WICED SMART SDK .

I would suggest you to sue hello_sensor (which is BLE peripheral ) and hello_client (which is BLE central) examples as reference.

Please test it and analyze.

Thanks,

Anjana

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello Niras,

CyBLE-013025-00 is a BLE device. Hope you know the BLE basics.

For sending data between two devices in BLE, you may have to use the BLE characteristics properties like read / write / notify.

So either you can use any of these properties by sending read / write / notify commands in  https://www.cypress.com/file/408286/download

or you can develop a WICED SMART SDK project . For example refer hello_sensor , hello_client projects in WICED SMART SDK

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for the reply,

Did you mean to follow the sections 3.3/3.4? But how to access these GATT Server data from PC? using the built in bluetooth module.

For the EZ Serial in CySPP mode, what is the easiest way to make a CySPP central device (prefer to use PC or same kind of device)? And any example?

Regards

Niras

0 Likes

Hi Niras,

Can you please describe the application ?

So that we can suggest you appropriately.

Regards,
Anjana

0 Likes

Hi,

I need to send 200 bytes of data from PC (maybe via a dongle/usb adapter) in every 30m sec, mostly one direction.

Regards

Niras

0 Likes

Hi Niras,

First of all, please note EZ-Serial WICED BLE Firmware won't support BLE Central , it will only support peripheral role.

If you want to use CyBLE-013025-00 module at both sides, its better to use custom application developed with WICED SMART SDK .

I would suggest you to sue hello_sensor (which is BLE peripheral ) and hello_client (which is BLE central) examples as reference.

Please test it and analyze.

Thanks,

Anjana