CX3 handle different data type

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TzCh_3504586
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like given

Hi all,

I have question regarding CX3 treating different data type.

Can CX3 receiving different data type at the same time?

For instance,

I have RAW8 embedded data and RAW12 video data, can CX3 receive it at the same time and send it through USB?

Or the video data type should match the embedded data.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Paddy,

Please refer to these thread and confirm the embedded data you are referring id data type (0x12) Re: CX3 can get MIPI embedded data ? .

Metadata in CX3 Hope this helps.

Let me know if any other query

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Paddy,

Please refer to this KBA CX3 Firmware: Frequently Asked Questions - KBA91297 (question 2). Custom format can be transported using other format but with same bits/pixel (width)

Let me know, what would be the total width of stream (bits/pixel). Do you have RAW8+RAW12 at same time?

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hi Rashi,

Thanks for the quick responding.

I have a video running, one line of embedded data and 1080 lines of pixel data. Total 1081 lines per frame.

total width of stream for video pixel is 16 bits/pixel (Using EZ USB Suite to pack RAW12 in 16 bit mode)

total width of stream for embedded data is 8 bits/pixel (RAW8)

Based on the description, can I treat embedded data as 16 bits/pixel (2 packets of RAW8) and capture it?

Is it possible to capture all 1081 lines in the same time?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Likes

Hello Paddy,

Please refer to these thread and confirm the embedded data you are referring id data type (0x12) Re: CX3 can get MIPI embedded data ? .

Metadata in CX3 Hope this helps.

Let me know if any other query

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hi Rashi,

I see, so CX3 did support embedded data (0x12) + video data (any data type), thanks for clarifying.

Is there any manual for enabling the embedded data capture?

Or is it enabled as a default while creating project in EZ USB Suite?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Likes

Hello Paddy,

By default, the CX3 MIPI Receiver can receive this data and send it to the host.

So the host will receive non image data along with image data for every frame. You need remove it while display the image on the host side or you can set the MIPI Transmitter to not send this data. We don't have manual for that.

You can refer to CX3 Configuration Utility in the EzUSBSuite User guide in the SDK to know how to use the utility.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes