Eval Boards Very Sick... Can They be Recovered? (CYW943907AEVAL1F)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ChMa_3922746
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 10 likes given 5 likes given

A recent load did something very strange to two CYW943907AEVAL1F eval boards:  The UART is receiving repeated characters, PRINT char's are being received as input UART characters, and the Wi-Fi is working very odd/broken.

I think some code has quasi-bricked these things.

Is there a way to put the factory load on the devices?  I've been scouring the documentation, but haven't found anything yet.

I don't have a JTAG tool, either.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thank you for the link.  As it turns out, it wasn't the eval board but rather the serial terminal program "moserial".  For some reason it decided to loop back printed characters back to the UART TX and threw the s/w for a loop.  After switching to "cutecom", the problem is solved.  Phew!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
KotnaniK_71
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi,

Can you please check the blog post Unbricking of CYW943907  which helps to recover your CYW943907AEVAL1F boards.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Thank you for the link.  As it turns out, it wasn't the eval board but rather the serial terminal program "moserial".  For some reason it decided to loop back printed characters back to the UART TX and threw the s/w for a loop.  After switching to "cutecom", the problem is solved.  Phew!

0 Likes