Project does not compile after importing it

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

I've got a working WICED project from a customer for doing addons. I copied the entire project to my harddisk and installed WICED-SDK V2.4.1 but the project does not compile. My first problem was, that make could not be found. I had to adjust the path since the project I got is named "WICED-SDK" and the original one is named "Wiced-SDK". Now this error is gone but I get a lot of errors such as the following

**** Build of configuration Default for project WICED-SDK ****

D:\Projekte\PhilipsAustria\EOLEDC\Firmware\WICED-SDK\make.exe di.DiIntegration-MurataTypeYD-ThreadX-NetX download

Applying changes made to: Makefile wiced_toolchain_common.mk Library/daemons/dhcp_server/dhcp_server.mk Library/utilities/crc/crc.mk Library/utilities/json/json.mk Library/protocols/dns/dns.mk Library/daemons/dns_redirect/dns_redirect.mk Library/daemons/http_server/http_server.mk

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| IMPORTANT NOTES                                                                                     |

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| Wi-Fi MAC Address                                                                                   |

|    The target Wi-Fi MAC address is defined in <WICED-SDK>/generated_mac_address.txt                 |

|    Ensure each target device has a unique address.                                                  |

Wiced/RTOS/ThreadX/ThreadX.mk:42: Wiced/RTOS/ThreadX/ThreadX_src.mk: No such file or directory

| MCU & Wi-Fi Power Save                                                                              |

Wiced/Network/NetX/NetX.mk:47: Wiced/Network/NetX/NetX_src.mk: No such file or directory

|    It is *critical* that applications using WICED Powersave API functions connect an accurate 32kHz |

make.exe[1]: *** No rule to make target 'Wiced/Network/NetX/NetX_src.mk'.  Stop.

|    reference clock to the sleep clock input pin of the WLAN chip. Please read the WICED Powersave   |

make: *** No rule to make target 'build/di_DiIntegration-MurataTypeYD-ThreadX-NetX/config.mk', needed by 'main_app'.  Stop.

|    Application Note located in the documentation directory if you plan to use powersave features.   |

As a workaround I will copy the project source over the install folder of the SDK, but that is now what I want to do, since the project is in a SVN repository and should be on a special location on disk. I can try to reinstall the SDK and change the SDK-path to that location, but isn't it possible to import a project?

SDK 2.4.1 as used from our customer so I don't want to change that for the moment!

Best regards and thanks for any responses,

Markus Schwarzl

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem is solved!

SVN had the *.a files in the ignore list and removed these files necessary for ThreadX, NetX and Co thus make wanted to compile these modules from the sources, which is only possible for broadcom...

Thanks for your support!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The error is referencing a Murata Type YD module.  Is your HW the same as what is being used by the customer?

Additionally, it's possible to run multiple versions of the SDK within the same Eclipse IDE: How to import a WICED SDK into an existing WICED Eclipse IDE (2)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it is! This module has been added by the customer and it compiled on a different PC some time ago, but I don't know the difference... I did the same things for importing. Both PC's are running Win7...

I'm not an Eclipse-Expert that's why I wanted to use the WICED-IDE preventing the need to go into details of Eclipse configuration.

I tried your Link how to import the SDK (in the WICED-IDE) but got the same result. I think there is some path stored in a symbol missing during make execution....

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem is solved!

SVN had the *.a files in the ignore list and removed these files necessary for ThreadX, NetX and Co thus make wanted to compile these modules from the sources, which is only possible for broadcom...

Thanks for your support!

0 Likes

Great news.  Thanks for reporting back to us.

Note that the WICED IDE is an Eclipse IDE and the two are often used synonymously here in the forum.

0 Likes