Tracking using CYBLE2241100-00

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
umg_4380326
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Hi,

I have  modules .For my requirement i am using them to track the objects based on the RSSI values.Below is the pictorial representation of what i have to achieve.How can i proceed.

pastedImage_0.png

I have devices A, B advertising and device C scanning them.

How can i send the RSSI values of the device A and B through C when that device is in peripheral mode?

How can i send the rsst values through C in the advertising report without connection?

Do i need to establish connection to get the  RSSI values of the device A and B from C , when device C is in peripheral mode?

How can i implement the same if I have 2 devices acting as device C?

Thanks in advance

Kindly help me out to understand on what to do and how to proceed

Thanks

shilpa

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello Shilpa,

1. You can send the RSSI values of the device A and B during advertisement(of peripheral device C) through Advertisement data or scan response data packet. While advertising, peripheral can send Advertisement data or scan response data packet length of maximum of 31 bytes. This advertisement data can be red by all central devices which are scanning. In PSoc4 ble Central project, in CYBLE_EVT_GAPC_SCAN_PROGRESS_RESULT scan progress event, the event parameter CYBLE_GAPC_ADV_REPORT_T::data points to advertising or scan response data. Please refer to the thread for more information Sending RSSI value to another device

2. If you want to send the RSSI values of devices after connection then you can send the data to the central device using Notify or Indicate property.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello Shilpa,

1. You can send the RSSI values of the device A and B during advertisement(of peripheral device C) through Advertisement data or scan response data packet. While advertising, peripheral can send Advertisement data or scan response data packet length of maximum of 31 bytes. This advertisement data can be red by all central devices which are scanning. In PSoc4 ble Central project, in CYBLE_EVT_GAPC_SCAN_PROGRESS_RESULT scan progress event, the event parameter CYBLE_GAPC_ADV_REPORT_T::data points to advertising or scan response data. Please refer to the thread for more information Sending RSSI value to another device

2. If you want to send the RSSI values of devices after connection then you can send the data to the central device using Notify or Indicate property.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes