WICED - Azure MQTT or AMQP ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_4051776
Level 1
Level 1
5 likes given First like given

We have reached a point of uploading a larger amount of DATA into the cloud - we are talking a few tens of MBytes. It seems that Azure provides support for both protocols, though MQTT seems simpler.
My question is if we should expect speed / robustness limitations with the current MQTT 3.1.1 from inside WICED and should we consider WICED AMQP 1.0 instead ?

Has anyone run this scenario of streaming data over WIFI with the current version of WICED MQTT ? What kind of upload speeds would saturate WICED MQTT 3.1.1 implemention ? -- Thanks, BM

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

You can go ahead with MQTT and let us know if you face any issue to upload large chunks of data to azure cloud. I had tested MQTT 3.1.1 with AWS in the past and did not see any issue (I am hoping you would not either).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

You can go ahead with MQTT and let us know if you face any issue to upload large chunks of data to azure cloud. I had tested MQTT 3.1.1 with AWS in the past and did not see any issue (I am hoping you would not either).