What are the best devices for Type-C PD with an FX3 and a camera?

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiRo_263836
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 likes received 50 replies posted

I am using an FX3 and FGPA with a camera to send Images to a host over USB 3.0, so I am just using the SS signals on the USB 3.0 bus.  I don't see a reference design for this case.  What is the best USB Type-C PD device and I am pretty sure the I need a high speed mux for the SS signals.  Finally, what FW is available?  I am looking for the smallest size total design.

Thank you,

Mike Roberts

0 Likes
1 Solution
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi,

Yes, a MUX is needed. MUX will not afftect the USB signal. You can refer to this KBA​.

Regards,
Eddie

View solution in original post

5 Replies
YiZ_31

Hi Mike,

You can take a look at our newest product ACG1F. It's dedicated for transferring Type-A to Type-C products. BCR is also applicable, but you'll have to design external MOSFETS gate.

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes

I was thinking that the BCR would be good, but I don't know a recommended high speed mux and how to control it.  What do you recommend?  Is there a reference design just for this?  No Display Port, No Thunderbolt.  Just need to mux the USB 3.0 SS signals. I am space limited, so I am looking for the smallest solution.

0 Likes

Do I need a mux?  Can I just tie TX1+ to TX2+, TX1- to TX2-, RX1+ to RX2+ and RX1- to RX2-.  Only the FX3 is on these signal.  Is there an issues with open stubs @ 5Ghz?

0 Likes
YiZ_31

Hi,

Yes, a MUX is needed. MUX will not afftect the USB signal. You can refer to this KBA​.

Regards,
Eddie

Thanks, Eddie. That is exactly what I needed.

0 Likes