ModusToolbox 2.0 fails to load example project on linux install

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaGr_4328266
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted

When I try to load a new hello world application I get the following error:

Download of https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-super-manifest/raw/v2.X/mtb-super-manifest.xml failed: TLS initialization failed

Failed to get BSP/Application information.

However, I can click on the link and it opens without trouble in my browser. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Mike,

So the update is that the error output, particularly of the GUI could be improved.

When we ran the project creator CLI version there was more debug information:

qt.network.ssl: Incompatible version of OpenSSL

indicating QT couldn't find services in the openssl version my colleague had on their linux machine.

QT is a crossplatform dev environment. It turns out all the cypress tools use this and dont have a self included working openssl version. Newer versions such as OpenSSL 1.1.0i-fips that was on my colleagues machine removed symbols QT was looking for.

We solved this for platforms with newer openssl that removed symbols it was using by downloading

OpenSSL 1.0.2k-fips  26 Jan 2017 - version that worked on a 3rd colleagues machine.

wget https://github.com/openssl/openssl/archive/OpenSSL_1_0_2k.tar.gz.

We built it:

mkdir -p rootfs;./config --prefx $PWD/rootfs zlib shared

make -j12 && make install

My colleague wanted to leave the newer version of openssl for use by the rest of his install so to get only the modustoolbox tools to use it you then need to open the bash scripts that run each tool and add the following

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PWD/rootfs/lib

The bash scripts are found under ModusToolbox/tools_2.0/toolname/

Hope this helps someone who runs into this in the future.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Is this happening in Eclipse or in project-creator or both?

miken_96

0 Likes

Hi Mike,

So the update is that the error output, particularly of the GUI could be improved.

When we ran the project creator CLI version there was more debug information:

qt.network.ssl: Incompatible version of OpenSSL

indicating QT couldn't find services in the openssl version my colleague had on their linux machine.

QT is a crossplatform dev environment. It turns out all the cypress tools use this and dont have a self included working openssl version. Newer versions such as OpenSSL 1.1.0i-fips that was on my colleagues machine removed symbols QT was looking for.

We solved this for platforms with newer openssl that removed symbols it was using by downloading

OpenSSL 1.0.2k-fips  26 Jan 2017 - version that worked on a 3rd colleagues machine.

wget https://github.com/openssl/openssl/archive/OpenSSL_1_0_2k.tar.gz.

We built it:

mkdir -p rootfs;./config --prefx $PWD/rootfs zlib shared

make -j12 && make install

My colleague wanted to leave the newer version of openssl for use by the rest of his install so to get only the modustoolbox tools to use it you then need to open the bash scripts that run each tool and add the following

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PWD/rootfs/lib

The bash scripts are found under ModusToolbox/tools_2.0/toolname/

Hope this helps someone who runs into this in the future.

0 Likes