Andorid MeshApp missing models

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GiDe_4467871
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted First like given

Hello.

I am working on the Android MeshApp but I have some doubts.

I see I have little control with the devices models.

I can turn on and off the LEDs and dimmer them and set LC properties.

I am missing Configuration Server messages (as enabling/disabling relay mode and proxy mode) and Health Server messages.

If I try to modify the native-lib.c the project doesn't build anymore, and many missing library warnings show up.

Are the libraries complete or still need updates?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Giorgio De Vescovi.,

i believe you have copied only the mesh core folder into you "C:\Git\BlueTooth-Android-App" directory. You will have to copy all the folders related to the android app (including platform related files) then only you will be able to compile it properly.

If you are using ModusToolbox.

Please copy: BTSDK folder  ("C:\ModusToolbox_1.1\libraries\bt_sdk-1.1\components\BT-SDK")  into your C drive.

If you are using WICED SDK

Please copy: WICED-Studio-6.4 (C:\Users\username\Documents\WICED-Studio-6.4) into your C drive.

NOTE: Copying these folders into C drive is to make sure the source location of mesh application doesn’t exceed 251 characters.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi GiDe_4467871

Could you please share the error logs with us? And what are the changes you are trying to do?

Current android app does not have the options implemented to reconfigure device configuration parameters as in the meshclient. Either you may have to change and hardcode the default parameters or needs to build the options to reconfiguring the device parameter values for mesh messages.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Modifying the native-lib.c i get the following error:

Build command failed.

Error while executing process C:\AndroidSdk\ndk\20.0.5594570\ndk-build.cmd with arguments {NDK_PROJECT_PATH=null APP_BUILD_SCRIPT=C:\Git\BlueTooth-Android-App\meshcore\src\main\jni\Android.mk APP_ABI=x86 NDK_ALL_ABIS=x86 NDK_DEBUG=1 APP_PLATFORM=android-23 NDK_OUT=C:/Git/BlueTooth-Android-App/meshcore/build/intermediates/ndkBuild/debug/obj NDK_LIBS_OUT=C:\Git\BlueTooth-Android-App\meshcore\build\intermediates\ndkBuild\debug\lib native-lib}

[x86] Compile        : native-lib <= native-lib.c

In file included from C:/Git/BlueTooth-Android-App/meshcore/src/main/jni/native-lib.c:3:

C:/Git/BlueTooth-Android-App/meshcore/src/main/jni/mesh_libs\platform.h:9:10: fatal error: 'wiced_bt_ble.h' file not found

#include "wiced_bt_ble.h"

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 error generated.

make: *** Error 1

0 Likes

Giorgio De Vescovi.,

i believe you have copied only the mesh core folder into you "C:\Git\BlueTooth-Android-App" directory. You will have to copy all the folders related to the android app (including platform related files) then only you will be able to compile it properly.

If you are using ModusToolbox.

Please copy: BTSDK folder  ("C:\ModusToolbox_1.1\libraries\bt_sdk-1.1\components\BT-SDK")  into your C drive.

If you are using WICED SDK

Please copy: WICED-Studio-6.4 (C:\Users\username\Documents\WICED-Studio-6.4) into your C drive.

NOTE: Copying these folders into C drive is to make sure the source location of mesh application doesn’t exceed 251 characters.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Thank you DheerajP_41.

The app works just fine if I don't edit the native-lib.c file. If I add even a space i get errors.

Just in case I copied the BT-SDK in the c: folder. What now? Should I add references to the libraries?

Thank you in advance,

Giorgio

0 Likes

Hi Giorgio De Vescovi.,

If you copy the BT-SDK  into C drive then you should be able to modify the app code. All required files for android project will be inside BTSDK.

If you can specifically tell what are the changes you are trying to make in native-lib.c, then I can also try and let you know the result.

Also please let me know IDE and SDK versions? (WICED or Modus and version)?

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Ok now it is working, thank you!

I had just a copy of the app folder: it was compiling and working somehow.

Now it is working and it seems I can modify everything.

(I am using Modus Toolbox 1.1).

Thank you again,

Giorgio

0 Likes