FX3 SuperSpeed Explorer Kit with image sensor MT9V032

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Ty_4500246
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are trying to buy evaluation boards with image sensor according to AN75779. It would be: 'CYUSB3KIT-003 EZ-USB® FX3™ SuperSpeed Explorer Kit' + 'Image Sensor Interconnect Board' + 'Sensor evaluation board'.

However, we are trying to use a different image sensor (MT9V032) from ON SEMI orther than MT9M114. There is only one kind of evaluation board I can find from ON SEMI, which is: Evaluation Boards from ON Semiconductor

The parallal data output of this evaluation board is a male 2*13 header that 'looks like' could be pluged into 'CYUSB3ACC-004 Aptina™ Image Sensor Interconnect Board'(https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cyusb3acc-004-aptina-image-sensor-inter... ). But I am not sure if they can work together at all. Could someone tell me if they are competible?

Best,

Ting

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Ting,

Please refer to the Schematic of the interconnect board (refer attachment).

If the MT9v032 evaluation board, pin outs are the same as on the interconnect board, you can use it with the interconnect board.

- Check the pin mapping

- The power domain of the i/o pins

I didn't get enough information about the evaluation board from the link you pointed to.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Ting,

Please refer to the Schematic of the interconnect board (refer attachment).

If the MT9v032 evaluation board, pin outs are the same as on the interconnect board, you can use it with the interconnect board.

- Check the pin mapping

- The power domain of the i/o pins

I didn't get enough information about the evaluation board from the link you pointed to.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

Hello Rashi,

Thanks for the answer, I will have a look at the schematic to see if they were compatible.

Best,

Ting

0 Likes