PSoC6 with USB High-Speed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
UrPl_1236626
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes given First solution authored 50 replies posted

Hi,

I am looking at PSoC6 + CY7C68001 (https://www.cypress.com/file/124346/download), which I found as the only possible solution from cypress in combination with PSoC, or would you suggest something else?

The goal is to find an ARM + some programmable logic + high-speed usb.

Best regards,
Uros

0 Likes
1 Solution
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Please refer to Cypress FX2LP, a low power High Speed USB peripheral controller which can act as a master (in GPIF mode) and Slave (in Slave FIFO mode) to the device connected, whereas, SX2 acts only can act as a slave to external master.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Please refer to Cypress FX2LP, a low power High Speed USB peripheral controller which can act as a master (in GPIF mode) and Slave (in Slave FIFO mode) to the device connected, whereas, SX2 acts only can act as a slave to external master.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Thank you Yatheesh,

not bad, however neither my first proposed neither FX2 have the SOF output pin which could be used in clock sync.

0 Likes

Hello,

You can use the IFCLK from the FX2LP device or from the master controller to synchronize the data transfer. SOF interrupts can be used to monitor the start of frame from the USB side to FX2 (slave FIFO mode) and indicate the same to the master side using GPIO.

Please refer to the EZ-USB Technical Reference Manual for detailed description of all the registers and the FX2 device operations in different modes.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes