Google Fast Pair implementation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DmKo_3902136
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First like given

The specified link says that "Google Fast Pair" it is supported only in chipset CYW20721B2:

https://developers.google.com/nearby/fast-pair/chipsets

I am trying to create implementation Fast Pair in CYW20719.

Are there any restrictions in the implementation of the Bluetooth stack of chip CYW20719, which will prevent the implementation "Fast Pair" in it?

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

HI,

As per my understanding, GFPS profile requires either the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) or the Hands-Free Profile (HFP). In that case its irrelevant to implement in CYW20719 as this chip won't support Audio profiles.

CYW20721 supports Audio and GFP feature is added as mentioned in release notes here: BT SDK 1.4 Release Notes

Thanks,

Anjana

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

HI,

As per my understanding, GFPS profile requires either the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) or the Hands-Free Profile (HFP). In that case its irrelevant to implement in CYW20719 as this chip won't support Audio profiles.

CYW20721 supports Audio and GFP feature is added as mentioned in release notes here: BT SDK 1.4 Release Notes

Thanks,

Anjana

MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The 20721B2 is a specialized audio device, so it's not supported in the broad market and here on the community.

You will want to reach out to your local Cypress sales/distribution team to discuss engagement.