join_specific fails many times before success

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
agmi_3321141
Level 4
Level 4
5 likes given First like received First like given

I use scan result to pass to the "wwd_wifi_join_specific" call, but this call fails with reasons like:

"1024: Failed to find network",

"1006: Failed to authenticate",

1023, 1025 etc.

I have enabled WWD prints to log the status and attached it in this post.

What could be the reason this join specific call fails so many times before succeeding? Is there a way to reduce this failure rate?

The errors like failed to find network and failed to authenticate don't seem right since the network is clearly available as it is being passed the result of scan call and the passkey is correct as it eventually succeeds[but takes many many tries].

This is in contrast to wiced_network_up call that usually succeeds pretty quickly on the same network. But that is usually called on first boot up

0 Likes
1 Solution

Okay I was able to get around this by explicitly using the semaphore input in the join_specific call and waiting for the join to complete

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hello:

Do you have an antenna in your evb before the test ?  yes, sometimes I will encounter the join fails,  but not very often.

I think you can have a AP with open and place it near to your evb ,  let us remove the antenna and authentication factors firstly .

Hi, The AP is right next to the EVB. Surprising is the fact that if I join this same network on boot up with wiced_network_up() it connects in one or two tries. So it is surprising why join_specific would take so many tries? Is it got to do with the parameters passed to the call? For example, I scan for a particular network and pass the result of the scan to join_specific

0 Likes

Okay I was able to get around this by explicitly using the semaphore input in the join_specific call and waiting for the join to complete

0 Likes