CYW20706, SPP pairing failed issue with Samusng Galaxy Tab(SM-P585N0)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
LiLe_3234306
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted First comment on KBA 50 sign-ins

Hi,

If PIN_CODE is used by btsnd_hcic_write_simple_pairing_mode() API, there is SPP pairing failed issue with Samsung Galaxy Tab(Model : SM-P585N0). Surely, this issue is NOT shown with another phones but only SM-P585N0(Android 8.1). I am not sure if this issue is reproduced with Android 8.1 or the model only.

For link key exchange, BT Spec. describes as following figure. That is,

A. Master requests LMP_au_rand to Slave

B. Slave replys LMP_sres to Master and then Slave requests LMP_au_rand to Master

C. Master replys LMP_sres to Slave

However, when 20706 tries to pair to SM-P585N0, the sequence is different from BT Spec. As you can see attached air log, the sequence is shown likes as,

A. Master(SM-P585N0) requests LMP_au_rand to Slave(20706)

B. Slave also requests LMP_au_rand to Master

C. Master replys to Slave with "not_accepted" and reason code is "LMP Error Transaction Collision". As the results, pairing is failed.

For your information, I attached air log for pairing failure and test environment is as follows,

- SDK and application : WICED Studio SDK 6.4.0 and spp application

- Chipset : CYW20706

As I know, most phones allow key exchange regardless of the sequence but the model doesn't accept it. If so, could you help to resolve this issue?

pastedImage_2.png

Thanks,

Liam

0 Likes
2 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Liam,

Can you please let me know which sniffer are you using?

I am unable to open the log files.

Are you testing SPP demo example available in WICED SDK? We have never seen pairing failing issue recently.

Will check and let you know asap.

Regards,

Anjana

lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Anjana,

I am using "ComProbe Protocol Analysis System(ver. 12.3)" for sniffer tools. When I download attached log file again, it's opened well. I re-attached air log and let me know if you still can't open log file.

For your question - "Are you testing SPP demo example available in WICED SDK?",

[Liam] Yes. For testing, SPP demo applicaiton is used and btsnd_hcic_write_simple_pairing_mode() is called in application_init() to use PIN Code.

As I said avobe, this issue is not reproduced to most phones. Only happen to Samsung Galaxy Tab model(SM-P585N0). However, another device using CSR chipset  has no problem with SM-P585N0 device.

Thanks,

Liam

0 Likes