Hi Bridge control panel code for EZI2C slave.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
LaKa_4300241
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

I have a doubt with bridge control panel code for EZI2C slave. I made a code it is collecting data but not the correct data from the cypress. example the raw count it shows is not same as the raw count in the tuner graph. I have attached the code , readings and graph.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi SuKa_4300241​,

You can trying to read the CapSense_dsRam data structure that is exposed to the EZI2C buffer.

You need to use the register map (CapSense component -> Export Register map as PDF). In PDF you will find the offset for each of the CapSense data. For example, in the project you shared the offset for raw counts is 0x36

pastedImage_0.png

So the BCP command is :

w 08 00 36 p

r 08 @0Raw0 @1Raw0 p

pastedImage_1.png

Chart output:

pastedImage_2.png

Table output:

pastedImage_3.png

Also to read the other Capsense data you need to use the corresponding offsets as given in the register map.

Let us know if this solves your issue.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi SuKa_4300241​,

Can you please send us the PSoC Creator project file used to test this?

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes
lock attach

Hi

I have attached the file.

0 Likes

Hi SuKa_4300241​,

You can trying to read the CapSense_dsRam data structure that is exposed to the EZI2C buffer.

You need to use the register map (CapSense component -> Export Register map as PDF). In PDF you will find the offset for each of the CapSense data. For example, in the project you shared the offset for raw counts is 0x36

pastedImage_0.png

So the BCP command is :

w 08 00 36 p

r 08 @0Raw0 @1Raw0 p

pastedImage_1.png

Chart output:

pastedImage_2.png

Table output:

pastedImage_3.png

Also to read the other Capsense data you need to use the corresponding offsets as given in the register map.

Let us know if this solves your issue.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Hi

Thank you. I got it.

0 Likes

HI

Can you please send the code of bridge control panel to find the

Base line,Signal, IdacMod, Idaccomp, modulator clk, senseclk, finger th, noise th , neg noise th, hysterisis, debounce, lowbaselinereset, prox touch thershold, parasitic capacitance,sensce clk source.

the project file was shared on before email.

0 Likes

Hi SuKa_4300241​,

Since you have a EZI2C connection, can you use a Tuner instead of reading separate packets in BCP if this is for debugging?

Please refer to the CapSense Component datasheet  section Tuning Quick Start with EzI2C on how to set up a Tuner to read CapSense data using EZI2C.

Every CapSense data resides in specific offsets that are shown in the Register map.

I've highlighted the parameters that you want to display in the below image.

w 08 <16 bit offset> @Variable

For example to read MOD CSD Clock (Size 1 byte)

w 08 00 20 @SenseClock

To read Finger threshold (Size 2 bytes):

w 08 00 28 @0FingerThresh @1FingerThresh

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Hi Bargadeesh

You mean that i have to type 'w 08 <16 bit offset> @Variable' for every variable repeatedly. I mean like

'w 08 <16 bit offset> @1Variable1 @0Variable  w 08 <16 bit offset> @Variable2 '

or can i write in a single line code with all variables like 'w 08 <16 bit offset> @1Variable1 @0Variable  @Variable2 '

0 Likes

Hi,

In that case, you can use the following article How to Output PSoC 4 CapSense Data Through EZI2C - KBA224576​.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Hi

It is confusing that cant i get the data from EZI2C to bridge control panel with out  I2c ?

?

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi SuKa_4300241​,

Please find the attached PSoC Creator project file, variable settings file and BCP script file and the BCP script.

To load the variable settings:

1. Open BCP.

2.Chart -> Variable settings

3. Load -> .ini file

To load BCP script ;

1. Open BCP

2. File -> Open File -> .iic file

pastedImage_1.png

EZI2C is a hardware block in PSoC device that works on I2C protocol.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Hi Bargadeesh

Thanks for the help. I got it.

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi

I tried but i got wrong details in the chart. If it is possible can you please send the full code for all parameters.

I am using tuner also but i need bridge control panel outputs to judge my project that values dint change during experiment.

0 Likes