Cypress FX3 loop back throughput measure

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PrM_1403381
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given Welcome!

Hi,

I am referring to AN70983, https://www.cypress.com/file/124291/download .

As per the Firmware and application, I am able to run the loop back application on my cypress FX3 DVK Kit CYUSB3KIT-003.

I need to measure the throughput for this loop back data in host application.

How it can be done ? Any suggestions ?

Thanks & Best Regards

Prasanna

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

For measuring the throughput of this loop back data, please follow the following steps:

1. Measure the time difference between start and stop of the application. This can be done by a timer or a stopwatch. 

2. Find the number of bytes transmitted. This is provided by the byte counters in the application as shown below.

pastedImage_0.png

3. Once you get the number of bytes transmitted in a given time, you can calculate the bandwidth by just dividing the total number of bytes with the time difference.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

For measuring the throughput of this loop back data, please follow the following steps:

1. Measure the time difference between start and stop of the application. This can be done by a timer or a stopwatch. 

2. Find the number of bytes transmitted. This is provided by the byte counters in the application as shown below.

pastedImage_0.png

3. Once you get the number of bytes transmitted in a given time, you can calculate the bandwidth by just dividing the total number of bytes with the time difference.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes