Do any of the Wi-Fi eval kits for CYW 43907 or 54907 chips permit the user to conduct tests with an external amplifier and use the input from an external detector?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
pego_4521651
Level 1
Level 1

Do any of the Wi-Fi eval kits for CYW 43907 or 54907 chips permit the user to conduct tests with an external amplifier and use the input from an external detector?

0 Likes
1 Solution

hello:

Seems the pin will connect to 5G FEM, normally we will release reference circuit if the chip can support ePA, eLNA .

and better to get reviewed from our hardware team.

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

hello:

our evb all have an external antenna point for conduct test.

The Cypress CYW43907 embedded wireless system-on-a-chip (SoC) is uniquely suited for Internet-of-Things applications. It supports

all rates specified in the IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n specifications.The device includes an ARM Cortex-based applications processor, a single

stream IEEE 802.11n MAC/baseband/radio, a dual-band 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz transmit power amplifier (PA), and a receive low-noise

amplifier (LNA).

from above description we have PA and LNA inside, do not need an external PA ,  your meaning is you need an external PA in the evb ?

0 Likes

hi,

I agree that there are internal LNAs and HPAs in the 43907 and 54907 chips and a port for an external antenna - in fact, I think the evb for the 54907 has ports/pads for 2 external antennas.  for my application, I plan to use external hardware for the LNA and  HPA functions.  I would guess that one of the external antennas would be connected to the 2.4 GHz WLAN receiver input and 2.4 GHz WLAN PA output, and the other external antenna would be connected to the 5 GHz WLAN receiver input and  5 GHz WLAN output - can you verify?

for the 54907, the chip pin-out has provision for use of an external amplifier.  pin (bump number) 235 (label is WRF_EXT_TSSIA) accepts a TSSI (transmit signal strength indicator) input.  This is from the data sheet for the chip.

Is it possible to access this pin (bump) on the evb for the 54907?  I don't need the external amplifiers to be on the evb - I just need to be able to feed them from the evb.

Thanks,

Pete

0 Likes

hello:

Seems the pin will connect to 5G FEM, normally we will release reference circuit if the chip can support ePA, eLNA .

and better to get reviewed from our hardware team.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes